John H

On 19 May 2005 09:25:56 -0700, wrote:

Shaqman wrote:
Any opinions good or bad against these boats. We are looking at the

Cabrio
220

*********

Larson (with an "o") builds a decent boat, very worthy of your
consideration. Materials and workmanship are good, but pricing remains
affordable.

The design feature I like the most about Larson is called the
Dou-Delta-Conic hull. The bottom has a vented chine (sort of like a
step)that relieves the drag on the forward portion of the hull when the
boat is getting up on plane.
At the same time the two "deltas" are cone-shaped,surfaces aft of the
vented chine that provide broader surfaces specifically intended to
support the boat on plane.

Larson builds one of my favorite planing hulls among smaller boats.

There are some other brands I'd personally look at as well, but Larson
deserves to be a contender and may turn out to be the boat you like the
most among everyting you consider.

You and Tom and your Contenders. My gosh!
--
John H