Slambram

Default Aluminum props for the Bravo 3 as spare/emergency?

I hate the idea of going boating without a spare set of props. My
thought is that a spare/ermergency prop should be inexpensive
aluminum. I've even see plastic props for Bravo I drives. But, it
doesn't look like there's any alternative Mercury SS for the Bravo
3's?
mike

Who said you have to even use a Mercury Prop? There are lots of
companies that make props in aluminum and stinless. Look for a
michigan prop or find a used one off a mercury/ Mariner V-6 outboard
engine that has the same pitch. Unless your using a Hi performance
chopper prop you can use any prop that is the same size that will fit
a mercury mariner or mercrusier.
Slambram wrote in message . ..
I hate the idea of going boating without a spare set of props. My
thought is that a spare/ermergency prop should be inexpensive
aluminum. I've even see plastic props for Bravo I drives. But, it
doesn't look like there's any alternative Mercury SS for the Bravo
3's?

mike

I made a mistake all I said previously will work if you have a single
prop. I you have a duo prop and a high horsepower motor you might
want to stick with a stainless prop. Michigan prop company might have
an aluminum prop for your outdrive.

Alpha vs. Bravo Jay General 11 March 3rd 04 11:55 AM
Alpha One or Bravo 3? Capt. Frank General 0 August 16th 03 04:58 AM