Default WTB: Prijon Tornado

Looking for used Prijon Tornado; email me at winemaker at myvine.com
Midwest area preferred, but will consider shipping from either coast.

Grip

Saw one on the Monocacy Canoe Club message board I think
http://www.monocacycanoe.org/ but they sell fast good luck

oups.com...
Looking for used Prijon Tornado; email me at winemaker at myvine.com
Midwest area preferred, but will consider shipping from either coast.

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Grip wrote:
: The trihedral hull will make a huge difference in White Water. It will track
: too well, performance wise, for what the poster wanted, the Tornado can't be
: beat. Another possibility however may be a full sized Perception Pirouette?

Yea, problem is it's not really worth selling a used boat unless you can't
store it... most folks want to depreciate it way more than a car in percentage,
I have a Tornado, and someone was trying to give me $250 for it a year or so
ago saying "think of all the rocks it's hit" (which it really hasn't) you
wouldn't depreciate a car at 80% in a few years yet here in Chicago cars are
beaten constantly by potholes and the weather...

My Tornado lives in the rafters of the garage, and even getting it down might
be a 3 day ordeal...

My Torrent... that's the boat has been beaten ;-)

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page

Grip

Hey Larry,

I too still have an expedition, and a Tornado, although have not paddled
either in a while, (preferring my super EZ or Dagger Creeker), technically
both have their strong points of course, but the expedition is simply not my
choice when I think of white water. I do however remember reading of it's
popularity with Grand Canyon trips some time back.
"Larry C" wrote in message
oups.com...

Grip wrote:
The trihedral hull will make a huge difference in White Water. It

will track
too well, performance wise, for what the poster wanted, the Tornado

can't be
beat. Another possibility however may be a full sized Perception

Pirouette?
"Larry C" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Looking for used Prijon Tornado; email me at winemaker at

myvine.com
Midwest area preferred, but will consider shipping from either

coast.

Good luck.

Might want to look at the new Prijon Whitewater Combi. Looks like

it's
a Tornado with a hatch. It is supposed to have a trihedral shaped

hull,
but I wouldn't think that would make much difference in how it
performed.

Disclaimer. I have not seen this boat in person.

Larry

Why would perform any different than many of the newer Creeker/River
Runners that have a flat bottom and beveled chines? While it would
probably track somewhat better than the old Tornado (which I used to
paddle BTW), the edge would let it turn better when you leaned it.

I paddle a Yukon Expedition with a trihedral hull on occasion. It's a
surprisingly nimble boat for a 14' kayak. While I wouldn't creek with
it, it handles fine in open whitewater.

Larry

Larry C

Grip wrote:
Hey Larry,

I too still have an expedition, and a Tornado, although have not

paddled
either in a while, (preferring my super EZ or Dagger Creeker),

technically
both have their strong points of course, but the expedition is simply

not my
choice when I think of white water. I do however remember reading of

it's
popularity with Grand Canyon trips some time back.
"Larry C" wrote in message
oups.com...

Prijon used to advertize about a couple of paddlers that ran the Grand
Canyon in the Expedition. Recently there was an article in the American
Whitewater magazine about a group of paddlers that did the whole Grand
Canyon in 5 days
paddling Yukon Expeditions, although in one photo there looks to be a
Tornado and maybe an old Dagger Vortex.

If you ever want to get rid of the Tornado, I would spring for more
than 250 for it. Which seat setup does it have in it?

Larry

Grip

Oh you bet Larry! These things go for a premium come downriver race days.
Not sure of difference in seats, but this one was originally bought I'de say
in 99 or 00. I think a previous poster had mentioned being offered 250 for
his. And I'll probably keep the expedition forever, even if it's paddled
once a year, just too good a boat for when you need that type.
"Larry C" wrote in message
ups.com...