Grip

Hey Larry,

I too still have an expedition, and a Tornado, although have not paddled
either in a while, (preferring my super EZ or Dagger Creeker), technically
both have their strong points of course, but the expedition is simply not my
choice when I think of white water. I do however remember reading of it's
popularity with Grand Canyon trips some time back.
"Larry C" wrote in message
oups.com...

Grip wrote:
The trihedral hull will make a huge difference in White Water. It

will track
too well, performance wise, for what the poster wanted, the Tornado

can't be
beat. Another possibility however may be a full sized Perception

Pirouette?
"Larry C" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Looking for used Prijon Tornado; email me at winemaker at

myvine.com
Midwest area preferred, but will consider shipping from either

coast.

Good luck.

Might want to look at the new Prijon Whitewater Combi. Looks like

it's
a Tornado with a hatch. It is supposed to have a trihedral shaped

hull,
but I wouldn't think that would make much difference in how it
performed.

Disclaimer. I have not seen this boat in person.

Larry

Why would perform any different than many of the newer Creeker/River
Runners that have a flat bottom and beveled chines? While it would
probably track somewhat better than the old Tornado (which I used to
paddle BTW), the edge would let it turn better when you leaned it.

I paddle a Yukon Expedition with a trihedral hull on occasion. It's a
surprisingly nimble boat for a 14' kayak. While I wouldn't creek with
it, it handles fine in open whitewater.

Larry