Gary

Default Advice needed for leaky engine hatch lift cylinder

One of the hydraulic cylinders on my engine hatch lift has developed a leak.
On the end of the cylinder where the shaft comes out, there is a section
that is about an inch and a half long. It APPEARS to screw on and off, but I
have not attempted to remove it yet. The fluid seems to be flowing through
the seam where this end cap screws onto the rest of the cylinder.

Although I have not yet taken it apart, I envision being able to unhook the
hydraulic arm from the hatch, unscrew this end cap from the cylinder and
replace some seals in there.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Any advice?

Thanks!

Gary

1995 Albemarle 320 Express Fisherman

Capt John

Gary,

The unit can probably be repaired, but getting the parts yourself may
be difficult. Your probably better off finding out the name of the
manufacturer and returning it to them, or have it serviced by someone
they reccomend. But get an estimate first, replacing a seal shouldn't
cost much, but......