Id rather be sailing

Default Loran C

I have a Loran C in my garage, sitting doing absolutely nothing, I remember
paying $100 bucks for it a few years back, but never mounted it on my boat.
Anyone need this thing? is it better than a GPS?

TOM SCHMIDT

Loran is pretty much out dated by GPS. The US Coast Guard is (or has?)
shutting down all of their shore based Loran transmiters and in some
locations putting in DGPS transmiters.

loran R Whellum Cruising 1 March 17th 05 01:54 PM
Loran C antenna good for anything else? R.W. Behan Cruising 17 February 4th 05 10:31 PM
Loran on the great lakes rcgordo Electronics 6 March 29th 04 04:45 AM
Loran vs GPS mark s General 5 November 4th 03 01:01 AM
loran navigation Nancy General 4 October 3rd 03 05:37 AM