BoatBanter.com

-   -   Loran C (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/38207-loran-c.html)

Id rather be sailing June 3rd 05 11:25 PM

Loran C

I have a Loran C in my garage, sitting doing absolutely nothing, I remember
paying $100 bucks for it a few years back, but never mounted it on my boat.
Anyone need this thing? is it better than a GPS?

TOM SCHMIDT June 20th 05 07:16 PM

Loran is pretty much out dated by GPS. The US Coast Guard is (or has?)
shutting down all of their shore based Loran transmiters and in some
locations putting in DGPS transmiters.