Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Nancy

Default loran navigation

I recently picked up a handheld loran unit. Voyager SportNav is the unit
itself. Got it cheap, so figured what the heck, could use it for up on the
flying bridge while fishing, and running.

I've never used a Loran, and it came with no paper work or owners manual, so
trying to figure it out, and make it work is a challange at best.

I am on the Central Oregon coast area, and have been told that the GRI is
9940. I have ATSS (automatic transmitter selection?) set to ON...and S1 11,
S2 27.

As far as I am able to tell, I'm not getting any kind of a signal though, as
the lat/lon and TD settings all just blink and nothing seems to 'lock on'.
I'm used to GPS on the boat, so using Loran is all new to me.
If anyone who may be familiar with these beasties would be willing to help a
newbie to Loran, I would be eternally grateful.
Or if anyone with this same unit who might have an owners manual, and could
answer some questions, that would be great as well.

Thanks much,
Nancy