Harry Krause

Default Hey Harry.... Here's a test.......

Gene Kearns wrote:
.... of your knowledge of the lower Pax River/Potomac River area.....

I scored a really neat boy-toy on eBay and I'm gonna have to go up to
get it. Sorta promised the 'ole lady some Chesapeake seafood and
she's looking forward to the trip.

Any knowledge of the Charlotte Hall area? Any restaurant or
point-of-interest recommendations?

Thanks.....

Gene

Charlotte Hall is landlocked, but a few miles away is Benedict,
Maryland, a sleeply little village on the Pax River. Look for the east
side of the Route 231 bridge there. There's a wonderful little
waterfront restaurant there called Tony's. And there's a place to tie
up boats. If you are coming up on the weekend, you need reservations.
Wonderful view of the Pax River.
Parallax

Harry Krause wrote in message ...
Gene Kearns wrote:
.... of your knowledge of the lower Pax River/Potomac River area.....

I scored a really neat boy-toy on eBay and I'm gonna have to go up to
get it. Sorta promised the 'ole lady some Chesapeake seafood and
she's looking forward to the trip.

Any knowledge of the Charlotte Hall area? Any restaurant or
point-of-interest recommendations?

Thanks.....

Gene

Charlotte Hall is landlocked, but a few miles away is Benedict,
Maryland, a sleeply little village on the Pax River. Look for the east
side of the Route 231 bridge there. There's a wonderful little
waterfront restaurant there called Tony's. And there's a place to tie
up boats. If you are coming up on the weekend, you need reservations.
Wonderful view of the Pax River.

I really think that although polycapillary optics made ppl realize
the potential applications of x-ray optics, XOS has kept them so
expensive that users are unable to experiment. Being unable to
experiment, they have to rely on XOS for any applications. Yet, XOS
complains that OEMs dont seem to realize the potential applications.
Makes no sense to me. XOS has shown almost no willingness to loan PC
optics.
Harry Krause

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 06:20:51 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Gene Kearns wrote:

.... of your knowledge of the lower Pax River/Potomac River area.....

I scored a really neat boy-toy on eBay and I'm gonna have to go up to
get it. Sorta promised the 'ole lady some Chesapeake seafood and
she's looking forward to the trip.

Any knowledge of the Charlotte Hall area? Any restaurant or
point-of-interest recommendations?

Thanks.....

Gene

Charlotte Hall is landlocked, but a few miles away is Benedict,
Maryland, a sleeply little village on the Pax River. Look for the east
side of the Route 231 bridge there. There's a wonderful little
waterfront restaurant there called Tony's. And there's a place to tie
up boats. If you are coming up on the weekend, you need reservations.
Wonderful view of the Pax River.

Thanks, Harry... it will likely be a weekend trip. We'll check out
Tony's. Thanks Again...

Whoops...that would be the WEST side of the Route 231 bridge...
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:46:11 -0500, "Gene Kearns"
wrote:

.... of your knowledge of the lower Pax River/Potomac River area.....

I scored a really neat boy-toy on eBay and I'm gonna have to go up to
get it.

Living in a house full of women - well, more women than men that is -
who also spend an inordinate amount of time discussing "Sex In The
City" and their individual "relationships", this had an entirely
different connotation to me when I first read this sentence.

Sorry - I will now return to the neanderthal style cave from whence I
left.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
-----------
"Angling may be said to be so
like the mathematics that it
can never be fully learnt..."

Izaak Walton "The Compleat Angler", 1653
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:17:17 -0500, "Gene Kearns"
wrote:

wrote:

.... of your knowledge of the lower Pax River/Potomac River area.....

I scored a really neat boy-toy on eBay and I'm gonna have to go up to
get it.

Living in a house full of women - well, more women than men that is -
who also spend an inordinate amount of time discussing "Sex In The
City" and their individual "relationships", this had an entirely
different connotation to me when I first read this sentence.

Sorry - I will now return to the neanderthal style cave from whence I
left.

Uh.... sigh..... not that kind of boy toy, it is more like a machine
for the workshop....

Momma has her rules and *that* kind of boy toy is no longer permitted.
However, she doesn't complain about me playing with .... tools, boats,
trains, planes, etc... so I count my blessings...

It's OK, though, 'cuz at my age I can play a lot longer with a saw or
drill than I can...... oh, well, anyway..... you get the idea.

10-4 :)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
-----------
"Angling may be said to be so
like the mathematics that it
can never be fully learnt..."

Izaak Walton "The Compleat Angler", 1653

Harry Krause

wrote:

.... of your knowledge of the lower Pax River/Potomac River area.....

I scored a really neat boy-toy on eBay and I'm gonna have to go up to
get it.

Living in a house full of women - well, more women than men that is -
who also spend an inordinate amount of time discussing "Sex In The
City" and their individual "relationships", this had an entirely
different connotation to me when I first read this sentence.

Sorry - I will now return to the neanderthal style cave from whence I
left.

I just returned from a half-day trip to the Annapolis mall. I bought
nothing, though the fella running the new Harley-Davidson store in the
mall said he would gladly take one of my credit cards in payment...

My wife had...an SUV full of packages from the mall, from Michaels, and
from Homestead garden shop.
Harry Krause

Gene Kearns wrote:

wrote:

Charlotte Hall is landlocked, but a few miles away is Benedict,
Maryland, a sleeply little village on the Pax River. Look for the east
side of the Route 231 bridge there. There's a wonderful little
waterfront restaurant there called Tony's. And there's a place to tie
up boats. If you are coming up on the weekend, you need reservations.
Wonderful view of the Pax River.

Well, got back with the toy in a pretty uneventful manner, although I
was nearly run over by three trailered boats at Buggs Island. I was
in the right lane, there were two boats in the left lane, and the
other boat decides to swoop from the right lane all the way over to
the left turn lane to do (I guess) a U-turn. The predictable result
was boats, trucks, and trailers flying every-which-way. I don't think
there was any major damage other than to some Hanes.

Only sad note to the trip was that Tony's (which was highly regarded
by the locals) was a victim of Hurricane Isabel and has not been
rebuilt. We settled for "Captain Billy's Crabhouse" which was not
only just a couple of miles off our return route, but turned out to be
a pretty decent restaurant overlooking the Potomac at the 301 bridge.
Got a quick look as some Amish and a fox hunt, too....

--

Sadly, you were misinformed about Tony's, as it reopened about a month
ago. My wife and I had dinner there a few weeks ago, and were delighted

Wouldn't mind hearing more about Captain Billy's. The one time we went
there it was closed (too early in the season).

Aw, crap. I hate that. The machinery dealer we talked to in
Charlotte Hall told us that it had not been rebuilt. Thus, the
season being what it was, we elected to make the trek back home toward
the Southwest.

Though I haven't seen Tony's, it was described as a semi-gourmet
restaurant. Captain Billy's, in contrast, is an upscale crab house.
Season being what it was, they were out of live crab, but my wife got
crab cakes, which I thought were excellent. I ordered oysters, which
was a large order and was some of the best oysters I have had in
years.

There are two restaurants, side-by-side, that were owned by, the now
deceased, Captain Billy. I assume they are under the same management.
Both restaurants are on and over the Potomac River and afford a scenic
overlook of the river... at the US 301 Bridge. The wind, through this
area, can be quite stiff.... and was the day we dined. In fact, the
wind can be brisk enough to cause closure of the bridge.

With my one experience, though not as upscale as Tony's, I can
recommend Captain Billy's as a nice place to dine and just sit,
enjoying the river activity and sipping on a old one. They have
access from a road leading off of US 301 via land and a couple of
finger piers if you elect to take the Parker that far afield. Prices,
though high to my way of thinking, were commensurate with other
restaurants. Figure on about $20 per entree, plus drinks, tips, and
other amenities. It was painfully obvious that the closer one gets to
water, the higher the cost of living. True everywhere, I guess, but
mercifully, not of such magnitude locally (yet).

Anyway, here are a few pics to document some of what we saw...

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/caver...harlotte_hall/

Thanks...my wife and I drove over to Billy's once...that was the time we
found it to be closed. We were attracted by the gaudy billboard on
highway 301. It looked like a good place to set awhile and watch the river.

Tony's is a really small restaurant in a tiny town along the Patuxent
River. There's no reason for a restaurant that good to be there; I doubt
many locals eat at Tony's. The town is charming, and has the color of a
19th century river town along the Missouri. The Pax River is pretty wide
there, too.

Gotcha, Harry!!! Butch Ammon General 21 February 20th 04 05:29 PM
OT--The French...again! NOYB General 8 December 29th 03 11:21 PM
Harry at the lunch counter Skipper General 7 October 4th 03 01:49 AM
Dry compression test Ok -wet not so good. Rebuild??? CaptMP General 20 September 23rd 03 12:41 PM