Butch Ammon

Default Gotcha, Harry!!!

I saw this on another internet forum and it spoke volumes about the 2000
election. My first thought was of good ol' Harry and how he did anything and
everything for Gore to try to win the election. This is solid proof that Bush
won. End of story. Case closed.

{wildly pumps fist in air} Ha! I finally finally got you Harry. The below
posting will bring you to your knees. You will then finally admit to all on
"wrecked.boats" that you were wrong. Say it... Say it.... "Okay, okay, I'm
sorry, I was wrong. You were right." HA HA HA HA!!!!!! {pumps fist in air
again and hollers "YES"!}

Butch Ammon

============cut 'n pasted off another internet forum=============
At about the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution, in the
year 1787, Alexander Tyler (a Scottish history professor at The University of
Edinburgh) had this to say about "The Fall of The Athenian Republic" some 2,000
years prior. "A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist
as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until
the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from
the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the
candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the
result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy,
(which is) always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the beginning of
history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always
progressed through the following sequence: From Bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to
abundance; From abundance to complacency; From complacency to apathy; From
apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage."

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul,
Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the most recent
Presidential election:

Population of counties won by:
Gore=127 million
Bush=143 million

Square miles of land won by:
Gore=580,000
Bush=22,427,000

States won by:
Gore=19;
Bush=29

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by :
Gore=13.2
Bush=2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was
mostly the land owned by the tax-paying citizens of this great country. Gore's
territory encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and
living off government welfare..."

Olson believes the U.S. is now somewhere between the "apathy" and "complacency"
phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy; with some 40 percent of the
nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

Harry Krause

.. wrote:

On 18 Feb 2004 22:57:58 GMT, 123 (Butch Ammon) wrote:

I saw this on another internet forum and it spoke volumes about the 2000
election. My first thought was of good ol' Harry and how he did anything and
everything for Gore to try to win the election. This is solid proof that Bush
won. End of story. Case closed.

Says more about YOUR credibility.

bull**** snipped

More bull**** snipped

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was
mostly the land owned by the tax-paying citizens of this great country. Gore's
territory encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and
living off government welfare..."

Olson believes the U.S. is now somewhere between the "apathy" and "complacency"
phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy; with some 40 percent of the
nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

Professor Olson never said any of this.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/tyler.asp

Butch is a nice guy, but he is easily misled.
Butch Ammon

You'll be crying next november...your dumb boy bush is going to lose.

Maybe not. Kerry will be viewed as the piece of scum that he really is.
Edwards then will pull ahead and take the nomination. Then it will be a tight
race for POTUS. Bush will win in even a more tighter race than Bush/Gore ever
had. 4 more years of Bush, which will set the stage for Hil-LIAR-y in 2008.

Remember the bet I that made? If Bush loses, we meet up somewhere and I will
buy you lunch or dinner at your choice of restaurants. If Bush wins, you take
me to lunch or dinner at my choice of restaurant. ....Deal?

Butch Ammon
Butch Ammon

Butch is a nice guy, but he is easily misled.

Okay, okay, okay.... I should have checked "snopes" before trying to one-up
you. But just wait, I'll have the last laugh. A little careful research, and
then I'll finally be able to holler "Ha! Gotcha!"

Butch Ammon
Harry Krause

Butch Ammon wrote:

Butch is a nice guy, but he is easily misled.

Okay, okay, okay.... I should have checked "snopes" before trying to one-up
you. But just wait, I'll have the last laugh. A little careful research, and
then I'll finally be able to holler "Ha! Gotcha!"

Butch Ammon

The biggest joke in your life is now in the White House...the doof named
Dubya.

Butch Ammon

Kerry seems at least a dozen rungs up the ladder from Bush. Oh, I
forgot...Kerry hunts, and has no problem with ownership of rifles and
shotguns, but...he's not on the NRA most-favored list...and therefore in
your mind, which has been made up for you by the NRA, he's scum. Is that
about it?

No. It's Kerry's anti-war stature. He's as bad a "Hanoi" Jane Fonda! I'm
being serious here... I have two brothers-in-law there were *IN* Vietnam!!
They fought hard, survived, and came home. They know the stories, the talk
from home, the talk among the troups... There is a lot of nasty stuff about
Kerry that is not being printed (yet). There are vets that to this day and age
still want a piece of Kerry! Besides, Kerry doesn't hunt, nor does he own a
firearm.

Edwards then will pull ahead and take the nomination.

I don't think so.

Why not? I think Edwards is okay. He reminds me of the old southern
yellow-dog democrats.

Then it will be a tight
race for POTUS. Bush will win in even a more tighter race than Bush/Gore

ever
had.

I'm beginning -just beginning- to believe that the voters have had
enough of Bush's stupidity, craziness and lies.

4 more years of Bush, which will set the stage for Hil-LIAR-y in 2008.

Remember the bet I that made? If Bush loses, we meet up somewhere and I

will
buy you lunch or dinner at your choice of restaurants. If Bush wins, you

take
me to lunch or dinner at my choice of restaurant. ....Deal?

Butch Ammon

Absolutely...though I thought the choice of restaurant was up to the loser.

Whichever..... It's a deal!

Butch Ammon
Mike Powell

123 (Butch Ammon) wrote in message ...
I saw this on another internet forum and it spoke volumes about the 2000
election. My first thought was of good ol' Harry and how he did anything and
everything for Gore to try to win the election. This is solid proof that Bush
won. End of story. Case closed.

{wildly pumps fist in air} Ha! I finally finally got you Harry. The below
posting will bring you to your knees. You will then finally admit to all on
"wrecked.boats" that you were wrong. Say it... Say it.... "Okay, okay, I'm
sorry, I was wrong. You were right." HA HA HA HA!!!!!! {pumps fist in air
again and hollers "YES"!}

Butch Ammon

snip

Sorry to interrupt your victory dance, but this is bogus. :-)

The only parts of it that are true are the "population of counties"
and "square miles of area" (although that is counting counties as
well).

Everything else is bogus.

1. The quote from the Scottish history professor is a fabrication.
It's also historically inaccurate regardless of who said it.
See:
http://www.lib.ed.ac.uk/faqs/parqs.shtml#Aftytler1

2. The quotes from "Professor Olson" are not from him. Someone made
up the murder-rate numbers and quotes and then posted them anonymously
to Usenet on 11/28/00. Within a couple days after that, someone had
affixed Professor Olson's name to the "statistics."

3. The final state count was Gore = 20, Bush = 30. There are 50
states, not 48.

4. The murder rate comparison is wrong.
The correct numbers are approximately Bush = 4.1, Gore = 6.5. Note
that if you compare on a more equal population-density-basis, this
difference essentially goes away (e.g., Gore=7.5, Bush=7.0 for
counties with 300 people/km^2).

See:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/tyler.asp

5. The sentiment expressed by the "quotes" from professor Olson
implies the Gore voters are largely parasites living off the hard work
of the Bush voters. This is also wrong. Comparing the demographics
of Bush and Gore voters reveals relatively few significant differences
(in education, income, etc.) other than the fact that blacks preferred
Gore about 4 to 1. Also, consider the fact that Bush won most of the
states that receive more federal funds than they pay in taxes while
Gore won most of the states that pay more than they receive. The
reasons for this aren't entirely clear, but it strains credulity to
interpret it as the "blue" states living off of the "red" states. The
data imply it's the other way around.

See:
http://psweb.sbs.ohio-state.edu/facu...cy-OSUConf.PDF

Maybe you can find another way to get Harry?

-Mike P.
Butch Ammon

Sorry to interrupt your victory dance, but this is bogus. :-)

Maybe you can find another way to get Harry?

-Mike P.

I'm working on it.... I'm working on it.... It will take careful research and
documented facts, but I'll get him! Ha ha ha ha.

Butch Ammon
John Gaquin

"bb" wrote in message

How much tighter can it get than Gore winning the vote and Bush being
appointed by the supreme court?

This is getting tiresome, like fourth-graders whining "...no fair!!. Will
you people PLEASE read the Constitution? Gore lost 20 of the votes that
mattered, and Bush won 30. You keep citing as your basis a national
aggregate total that always has been, still is, and properly ought to be
irrelevant in the Presidential election.

Please post a copy of the USSC document detailing the "appointment" of the
President.

OT--The French...again! NOYB General 8 December 29th 03 11:21 PM
Harry Krause, born buttlicker Frog General 12 November 11th 03 02:44 AM
Hi Harry Big Tuna Bill General 7 October 5th 03 07:18 PM
Harry at the lunch counter Skipper General 7 October 4th 03 01:49 AM