Jim

Default Do we all agree???

It amazes me how much the OT posters defend their right to post
their drivel to this newsgroup and it is supposedly OUR responsibility
to filter them out. If you point put to them that they are the ones
who do not belong here, then you're called a whiner. Really pathetic!

-Jim

Carl Craver wrote:
It seems that when someone post a complaint about
OT subjects, most everyone agrees that they have no place
here.
However, no one does anything to stop it.
All you posters who are guilty know who you are.
If you must post political topics, go to a political ng
to do so.
If you feel you must extend an already drawn out subject
by flaming someone, then email them direct. Better yet,
exchange phone numbers and you both could discuss things
real time.
Yes, I can activate filters to block most of the crap... but why should I
have to when this is a news group about boating?
When I filter my incoming posts I never know if
I may be missing something important.
Not all of us have broadband internet and every extra ot
post takes just that much longer to download.

OK...(stepping down off soap box) I'm finished.
Carl G. Craver

Harry Krause

K. Smith wrote:

No not Butch Don because he's basically an honest bloke, but
Harry??? not so in the past he's posted pics of other peoples' boats &
claimed them as his own he even stole a pic from a website & tried to
pass it off as his own, the latest?? the Parker? he knows the real owner
I suggest I'll even suggest the secrecy is because it's another illegal
perk by those union rip off merchants at his employer.

Still on crack cocaine, eh, Ms. Smith?
John H

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 06:43:23 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

K. Smith wrote:

No not Butch Don because he's basically an honest bloke, but
Harry??? not so in the past he's posted pics of other peoples' boats &
claimed them as his own he even stole a pic from a website & tried to
pass it off as his own, the latest?? the Parker? he knows the real owner
I suggest I'll even suggest the secrecy is because it's another illegal
perk by those union rip off merchants at his employer.

Still on crack cocaine, eh, Ms. Smith?

Harry, I missed your response to my questions.

John and his ilk are simple-minded konservatives, cannot think
abstractly, and see issues only in black or white terms. John is an
especially pathetic konservative, as he spent most of his adult life as
a federal employee sucking on the taxpayers' teat, and now works as a
teacher in the public school system, thus continuing his sucking on the
taxpayers' teat. You would think a konservative like John would disdain
a paycheck from the taxpayers. But that would require him to be able to
think in the abstract, and such thinking is not allowed those in the
military.

Harry, would the American Federation of Teachers or the National
Education Association (both pretty union oriented) consider your
comment (from one who works as a public relations contact for Ullico)
to be pro- or anti-teachers?

Let's send it to them for an opinion. What do you say?

John H

More bull**** from you, John? I have the greatest respect for public
school teachers, who work long hours under difficult conditions for, at
best, ordinary pay and benefits. You're not a real teacher; you're a
substitute teacher who has admitted more than once that on many of your
assignments, you don't teach at all, or even try to teach. You do
nothing more than babysit. You obviously missed the irony in my post;
the insult was aimed at you, not the teaching profession. You are a
self-proclaimed conservative and yet, for your living most of your life,
you have drawn your pay from the taxpayers, and thumbed your nose at
your job responsibilities.

If I lived in your town and were a whining slimeball like you, I'd
complain about you in a way that matters. But I'm not pondscum like you
are, and I'd never ever try to cause anyone job problems because of
their newsgroup political statements or leanings.

You're just living (barely) proof of how low your end of the political
spectrum has sunk.

Harry, I've said nothing in any of my posts of which I am ashamed. I
would not be upset if any of my posts were forwarded to the school
system for which I work.

You, on the other hand, make statements such as, "...works as a
teacher in the public school system, thus continuing his sucking on
the taxpayers' teat," and then state you have the greatest respect for
teachers. You state the latter only when put on the spot.

Your statement would be offensive to any teacher working in any public
school. Given your position, this attitude seems to be detrimental to
public school teachers. Why should it not be forwarded to the two
major teachers' union groups?

This attitude of mine has nothing to do with your political leanings.
It has to do with your denigration of a profession. You seem to think
that the calling of names and the denigration of an individual's
profession, or of an individual himself, are appropriate. I disagree,
and I think the AFT and NEA would feel likewise.

Slimeball? Pondscum? Simple minded? Teat suckers? Yes Harry, you are
great at calling names.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Harry Krause

wrote:

K. Smith wrote:

No not Butch Don because he's basically an honest bloke, but
Harry??? not so in the past he's posted pics of other peoples' boats &
claimed them as his own he even stole a pic from a website & tried to
pass it off as his own, the latest?? the Parker? he knows the real owner
I suggest I'll even suggest the secrecy is because it's another illegal
perk by those union rip off merchants at his employer.

Still on crack cocaine, eh, Ms. Smith?

Harry, I missed your response to my questions.

John and his ilk are simple-minded konservatives, cannot think
abstractly, and see issues only in black or white terms. John is an
especially pathetic konservative, as he spent most of his adult life as
a federal employee sucking on the taxpayers' teat, and now works as a
teacher in the public school system, thus continuing his sucking on the
taxpayers' teat.

My answer? My answer is this: teaching is a wonderful profession,
populated by mostly dedicated people who work hard to make the next
generation of America better. How a loser like you got accepted as a
substitute teacher is a question to ponder, since you, by your own
admission, don't teach, but simply babysit classes at taxpayer expense.

Have you ever personally given a day's work for a day's pay?

John H

wrote:

K. Smith wrote:

[...]

Harry, you can call me all the names you can think of. Like most
others here, I just consider the source.

I will not send your comments to your employer, or the teachers'
unions, this time. The next time you denigrate the teaching
profession, they will be sent. Teachers, as a group, are more
dedicated and harder working than *you* could imagine. They don't
deserve your tripe. They do deserve your respect.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Harry Krause

wrote:

[...]

Denigrate the teaching profession? Au contraire. I hold it in the
highest regard. I just can't figure out how you got into it...
Netsock

"Carl Craver" wrote in message
ink.net...

[snip]

When I filter my incoming posts I never know if
I may be missing something important.

[snip]

Those who are too stupid and ignorant to abide by simple Usenet rules,
certainly aren't capable of having anything intelligent to say, thus, you
wont miss anything "important" from them.

Kill file them...

--
-Netsock

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."
http://home.insight.rr.com/cgreen/

basskisser

wrote:

K. Smith wrote:

[...]

Too bad you're only a glorified baby sitter.
John H

wrote:

K. Smith wrote:

[...]

Shows your total lack of knowledge, b'asskisser. There is nothing
glorious about it. If you believe there is, show me the proof for your
ridiculous, audacious, bull**** claims.