Don White

Default Do we all agree???

Butch Ammon wrote in message
Yes, I have a boat. Yes, I go boating. I own a 1975 old trihull 17'
Mercruiser I/O. I am a freshwater boater on small lakes in Virginia.

http://members.aol.com/ammonc/boatyard.jpg

http://members.aol.com/ammonc/Ammonboat.jpg

http://members.aol.com/ammonc/165engine.jpg

Click on any link above to see a photo of me, my boat, my boat's engine,
etc....

How do we know that is really you...& that's your boat. Some down under
demons might have us believe you are using a friends boat etc etc...

Gary Warner

You know what I dislike much more than off topic posts?
All the whining posts about OT posts. At least the OT posts
are usually interesting. Talking about politics IS interesting.
Talking about and moralizing as to who should do what
and where is boring. Especially since usenet is basically an
open system and there is no effective way to stop OT posts.
Besides, it IS very easy to ignore or block OT posts if you
don't want to see them.

"Carl Craver" wrote in message
ink.net...
It seems that when someone post a complaint about
OT subjects, most everyone agrees that they have no place
here.
However, no one does anything to stop it.
All you posters who are guilty know who you are.
If you must post political topics, go to a political ng
to do so.
If you feel you must extend an already drawn out subject
by flaming someone, then email them direct. Better yet,
exchange phone numbers and you both could discuss things
real time.
Yes, I can activate filters to block most of the crap... but why should I
have to when this is a news group about boating?
When I filter my incoming posts I never know if
I may be missing something important.
Not all of us have broadband internet and every extra ot
post takes just that much longer to download.

OK...(stepping down off soap box) I'm finished.
Carl G. Craver

___m___~Ώτ____m____

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:54:02 +0000, Carl Craver wrote:

It seems that when someone post a complaint about
OT subjects, most everyone agrees that they have no place
here.

I don't care.
If I didn't want to read a type of post I would block it.
By the way, this post should have been marked "OT". You're part of the
problem.

However, no one does anything to stop it.

You can't stop it unless the group was moderated.
Moderated groups suck.

All you posters who are guilty know who you are.
If you must post political topics, go to a political ng
to do so.

Most know, that in political groups the threads are highjacked just as you
have done here to bring your agenda to the top of the list. This is the
second time in 24 hrs. this subject has been addressed. Do you understand
that.

If you feel you must extend an already drawn out subject
by flaming someone, then email them direct. Better yet,
exchange phone numbers and you both could discuss things
real time.

I don't come to this news group to seek friendship, I'm looking for
information sometimes, most times it's entertainment.

Yes, I can activate filters to block most of the crap... but why should I
have to when this is a news group about boating?
When I filter my incoming posts I never know if
I may be missing something important.

On a scale of 1-10 how important could it possibly be???

Not all of us have broadband internet and every extra ot
post takes just that much longer to download.

I can agree on this point if you pay for bandwith used.
Otherwise just give up another second in your life and wait till it
downloads.

--
_____________m___~Ώτ____m__________________

LaBomba182

Subject: Do we all agree???
From: "Don White"

Butch Ammon wrote in message
Yes, I have a boat. Yes, I go boating. I own a 1975 old trihull 17'
Mercruiser I/O. I am a freshwater boater on small lakes in Virginia.

http://members.aol.com/ammonc/boatyard.jpg

http://members.aol.com/ammonc/Ammonboat.jpg

http://members.aol.com/ammonc/165engine.jpg

Click on any link above to see a photo of me, my boat, my boat's engine,
etc....

How do we know that is really you...& that's your boat. Some down under
demons might have us believe you are using a friends boat etc etc...

Those of us who have been around here a while know Butch is who he says he is.

Capt. Bill
LaBomba182

From: (Florida Keyz)

Where do you get these filters?

In your case, go to your galley, get some aluminum foil and make a helmet.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :-)

Capt. Bill

LaBomba182

From: "Gary Warner"

You know what I dislike much more than off topic posts?
All the whining posts about OT posts. At least the OT posts
are usually interesting. Talking about politics IS interesting.
Talking about and moralizing as to who should do what
and where is boring. Especially since usenet is basically an
open system and there is no effective way to stop OT posts.
Besides, it IS very easy to ignore or block OT posts if you
don't want to see them.

Amen brother!

Capt. Bill
Butch Ammon

Butch Ammon wrote in message
Yes, I have a boat. Yes, I go boating. I own a 1975 old trihull 17'
Mercruiser I/O. I am a freshwater boater on small lakes in Virginia.

http://members.aol.com/ammonc/boatyard.jpg

http://members.aol.com/ammonc/Ammonboat.jpg

http://members.aol.com/ammonc/165engine.jpg

Click on any link above to see a photo of me, my boat, my boat's engine,
etc....

How do we know that is really you...& that's your boat. Some down under
demons might have us believe you are using a friends boat etc etc...

It's me and my wife together last year up at Lake Anna, VA. Look close and
you'll see my wife Margaret in the back of the boat peeking out from under the
roof. She was putting stuff back in the cooler when the photo was taken.
Besides, I can guarantee that the photo is me. Who else has the cajones enough
to show a photo with belly flab!

Butch Ammon
{Abs of steel.... NOT! Ha ha ha ha}
K. Smith

Don White wrote:
Butch Ammon wrote in message

Yes, I have a boat. Yes, I go boating. I own a 1975 old trihull 17'
Mercruiser I/O. I am a freshwater boater on small lakes in Virginia.

http://members.aol.com/ammonc/boatyard.jpg

http://members.aol.com/ammonc/Ammonboat.jpg

http://members.aol.com/ammonc/165engine.jpg

Click on any link above to see a photo of me, my boat, my boat's engine,
etc....

How do we know that is really you...& that's your boat. Some down under
demons might have us believe you are using a friends boat etc etc...

No not Butch Don because he's basically an honest bloke, but Harry???
not so in the past he's posted pics of other peoples' boats & claimed
them as his own he even stole a pic from a website & tried to pass it
off as his own, the latest?? the Parker? he knows the real owner I
suggest I'll even suggest the secrecy is because it's another illegal
perk by those union rip off merchants at his employer.

He's never "owned" a boat his father never took a small OB powered boat
across the atlantic in winter & got a fire tug welcome in NY, his father
was probably just a nice ordinary bloke like the rest of the fathers but
he never owned the biggest boat dealership in the US Nth East etc etc
etc what he did have was a liar for a son.

In other words Harry has priors & lots of them going way back he's an
established liar. The fact he is a stalker in real life makes him just
that much more objectionable & dangerous.

RWKxxx

For those on AOL...Go to the newsgrop sign on page and then to preferences and
the filters are there...