Don White

Default OT National Geographic - favourite tourism sites

Where's Nobby?.......
As reported in today's newspaper...
A survey of industry experts in the March edition of 'National Geographic
Traveler' has Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
as the second top spot in the world to visit.

That's right...second only to the Norwegian fiords.

No mention of the 'Gulf Coast of Florida'.
see *** http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2004...ia225.raw.html
***

Calif Bill

"Don White" wrote in message
Where's Nobby?.......
As reported in today's newspaper...
A survey of industry experts in the March edition of 'National Geographic
Traveler' has Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
as the second top spot in the world to visit.

That's right...second only to the Norwegian fiords.

No mention of the 'Gulf Coast of Florida'.
see ***

http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2004...ia225.raw.html
***

How come I never see a lot of tourist dollars becing cited for Nova Scotia?

Don White

Calif Bill wrote in message news:xxI3c.31535
How come I never see a lot of tourist dollars becing cited for Nova

Scotia?

We wouldn't do the volume of Florida or California etc., but they estimate
500,000 tourists came in on cruise ships last year.
I think they fudge this a bit and count the tourists who hit the two main
ports as two visitors each.
After all only a little over 100 cruise ships visit a year and carry
somewhere between 2500 & 3000 passengers each.
This summer we expect the brand spanking new Queen Mary 2, so I'll have to
get out on the water to welcome her.
By the way, vehicle traffic from the US was down a bit (terrorism?).
Did you know there are only three provinces that do not border on the
US...and all three are in Atlantic Canada.
Two are islands and a narrow 30 km stretch of dykes and marshland is the
only thing that keeps Nova Scotia connected to the mainland.

Calif Bill

"Don White" wrote in message

Calif Bill wrote in message

[...]

Vehicle traffic is down as you won't let us conservatrash bring in guns and
hand grenades. Even used ones. Bay of Fundy is on my short list.
Bill

Calif Bill

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Don White" wrote in message
Where's Nobby?.......
As reported in today's newspaper...
A survey of industry experts in the March edition of 'National

Geographic
Traveler' has Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
as the second top spot in the world to visit.

That's right...second only to the Norwegian fiords.

No mention of the 'Gulf Coast of Florida'.
see ***

http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2004...ia225.raw.html
***

How come I never see a lot of tourist dollars becing cited for Nova

Scotia?

Where do you look?

Lots of places. Magazines, newspapers. As I like to travel. Bay of Fundy
is on the short list, and we are looking at Galapago's in January.
Bill

Don White

Calif Bill wrote in message news:FaL3c.31844
Vehicle traffic is down as you won't let us conservatrash bring in guns

and
hand grenades. Even used ones. Bay of Fundy is on my short list.
Bill

We're not allowed to have them...why should you? :-)
I always wanted one of the stainless steel 'police special' 12 gauge
shotguns. (pistol or revolver grip)
Unfortunately, a restricted weapon up here.

P.Fritz

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Don White" wrote in message
Where's Nobby?.......
As reported in today's newspaper...
A survey of industry experts in the March edition of 'National

Geographic
Traveler' has Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
as the second top spot in the world to visit.

That's right...second only to the Norwegian fiords.

No mention of the 'Gulf Coast of Florida'.
see ***
http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2004...ia225.raw.html
***

How come I never see a lot of tourist dollars becing cited for Nova

Scotia?

Where do you look?

Lots of places. Magazines, newspapers. As I like to travel. Bay of

Fundy
is on the short list, and we are looking at Galapago's in January.
Bill

The Galapago's are great.....was there last April. Wish I would have done
the 7/8 days instead of the 4/5. Take lots of film, or lots of memory for
the digital. I was disappointed with the NG article, it seemed to rate
highly places people don't often go, and downgraded more popular places
simply because of their popularity, and not how they managed the numbers.

Calif Bill

"Don White" wrote in message

Calif Bill wrote in message

Vehicle traffic is down as you won't let us conservatrash bring in guns

and
hand grenades. Even used ones. Bay of Fundy is on my short list.
Bill

We're not allowed to have them...why should you? :-)
I always wanted one of the stainless steel 'police special' 12 gauge
shotguns. (pistol or revolver grip)
Unfortunately, a restricted weapon up here.

Helps keep the politicians in line.

Calif Bill

Default Galapago's

"P.Fritz" wrote in message
The Galapago's are great.....was there last April. Wish I would have

done
the 7/8 days instead of the 4/5. Take lots of film, or lots of memory

for
the digital. I was disappointed with the NG article, it seemed to rate
highly places people don't often go, and downgraded more popular places
simply because of their popularity, and not how they managed the numbers.

Who did you go with and a cost range? Did you like the tour company and
what size boat?
Thanks, Bill