Calif Bill

Default OT National Geographic - favourite tourism sites

"Don White" wrote in message

Calif Bill wrote in message

How come I never see a lot of tourist dollars becing cited for Nova

Scotia?

We wouldn't do the volume of Florida or California etc., but they

estimate
500,000 tourists came in on cruise ships last year.
I think they fudge this a bit and count the tourists who hit the two main
ports as two visitors each.
After all only a little over 100 cruise ships visit a year and carry
somewhere between 2500 & 3000 passengers each.
This summer we expect the brand spanking new Queen Mary 2, so I'll have to
get out on the water to welcome her.
By the way, vehicle traffic from the US was down a bit (terrorism?).
Did you know there are only three provinces that do not border on the
US...and all three are in Atlantic Canada.
Two are islands and a narrow 30 km stretch of dykes and marshland is the
only thing that keeps Nova Scotia connected to the mainland.

Vehicle traffic is down as you won't let us conservatrash bring in guns and
hand grenades. Even used ones. Bay of Fundy is on my short list.
Bill