P.Fritz

Default Galapago's

The main tour operator was Far and Wide, which went bankrupt last June. The
local operator was very good, I forget the name offhand, it was something
related to the Equador.....(the one in Peru was Condor) , but can look it
up. I'm not sure what the cost of the Galapagos portion was, it was part of
a 3 week vacation.......week in Peru, week in Equador, and a week in Brazil.
The boat had about 40 cabins, but was only about half full. Even on that
size boat, almost everyone The food and service were excellant, and the
naturalists were outstanding. Unlike other cruise ships, there was not much
night life, because you are really beat by the end of the day. I can get
further info if you wish.....it was a couple of vacations ago..........it
was a good year economically :-)

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"P.Fritz" wrote in message
The Galapago's are great.....was there last April. Wish I would have

done
the 7/8 days instead of the 4/5. Take lots of film, or lots of memory

for
the digital. I was disappointed with the NG article, it seemed to rate
highly places people don't often go, and downgraded more popular places
simply because of their popularity, and not how they managed the

numbers.

Who did you go with and a cost range? Did you like the tour company and
what size boat?
Thanks, Bill

Doug Kanter

Default OT National Geographic - favourite tourism sites

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Don White" wrote in message
Where's Nobby?.......
As reported in today's newspaper...
A survey of industry experts in the March edition of 'National

Geographic
Traveler' has Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
as the second top spot in the world to visit.

That's right...second only to the Norwegian fiords.

No mention of the 'Gulf Coast of Florida'.
see ***
http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2004...ia225.raw.html
***

How come I never see a lot of tourist dollars becing cited for Nova

Scotia?

Where do you look?

Lots of places. Magazines, newspapers. As I like to travel. Bay of

Fundy
is on the short list, and we are looking at Galapago's in January.
Bill

Maybe Nova Scotia doesn't need publicity to attract visitors. The
Adirondacks in NY State is like that. 75% repeat customers, year after year.
Same with Toronto.

Calif Bill

"P.Fritz" wrote in message
[...]

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"P.Fritz" wrote in message
The Galapago's are great.....was there last April. Wish I would have

done
the 7/8 days instead of the 4/5. Take lots of film, or lots of

memory
for
the digital. I was disappointed with the NG article, it seemed to

rate
highly places people don't often go, and downgraded more popular

places
simply because of their popularity, and not how they managed the

numbers.

Who did you go with and a cost range? Did you like the tour company and
what size boat?
Thanks, Bill

Thanks. I am looking at the 16 passenger ships. As to Condor in Peru, I
used them for Machu Pichu in 2000. Fantastic people to tour with. At least
the Cusco and MP part.
Bill

Don White

Doug Kanter wrote in message

Maybe Nova Scotia doesn't need publicity to attract visitors. The
Adirondacks in NY State is like that. 75% repeat customers, year after

year.
Same with Toronto.

There's always room for one more tourist dollar.
I believe most of the advertising is focused on the New England area because
of it's closeness.

Maynard G. Krebbs

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:55:08 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

Calif Bill wrote in message news:FaL3c.31844
Vehicle traffic is down as you won't let us conservatrash bring in guns

and
hand grenades. Even used ones. Bay of Fundy is on my short list.
Bill

We're not allowed to have them...why should you? :-)
I always wanted one of the stainless steel 'police special' 12 gauge
shotguns. (pistol or revolver grip)
Unfortunately, a restricted weapon up here.

I've got a 12 gauge Remington 870 Marine Magnum.
You don't want the pistol grip though. Regular stock and forend is
the way to go on heavy shotguns.
In My Humble Opinion anyway.
Mark E. Williams

Paul Fritz

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...

"P.Fritz" wrote in message
[...]

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"P.Fritz" wrote in message
[...]

That was part of this trip as well, Where did you stay in Cusco and Machu
Pichu? What did you think of the approach and landing for the Cusco
airport?

The ship we were on was the Santa Cruz. (my daughter remembered the
name.) Some of those small boats looked a little scary. I was thankful
being on a larger boat the night we moved from one end of the island chain
to the other.....going against the current/wind......it was the only time in
my life I have ever had any motion sickness. And the flight to and from the
islands were in what appeared to be very old 727's.

Doug Kanter

"Don White" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote in message

Maybe Nova Scotia doesn't need publicity to attract visitors. The
Adirondacks in NY State is like that. 75% repeat customers, year after

year.
Same with Toronto.

There's always room for one more tourist dollar.
I believe most of the advertising is focused on the New England area

because
of it's closeness.

Not only that, but its proximity too.

Don White

Doug Kanter wrote in message

Not only that, but its proximity too.

We can't use big words like that...it'll confuse our 'Backdoor' friend.
:-).

Don White

Maynard G. Krebbs wrote in message I've got a 12
gauge Remington 870 Marine Magnum.
You don't want the pistol grip though. Regular stock and forend is
the way to go on heavy shotguns.
In My Humble Opinion anyway.
Mark E. Williams

I didn't want it for hunting...just to play with. I like to blast tin cans,
old derelict vehicles etc.
On the other hand, your version would be better for skeet shooting.

basskisser

"Calif Bill" wrote in message thlink.net...
"Don White" wrote in message
Where's Nobby?.......
As reported in today's newspaper...
A survey of industry experts in the March edition of 'National Geographic
Traveler' has Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
as the second top spot in the world to visit.

That's right...second only to the Norwegian fiords.

No mention of the 'Gulf Coast of Florida'.
see ***

http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2004...ia225.raw.html
***

How come I never see a lot of tourist dollars becing cited for Nova Scotia?

Perhaps because you haven't actually researched the topic.