Calif Bill

Default Galapago's

"P.Fritz" wrote in message
The main tour operator was Far and Wide, which went bankrupt last June.

The
local operator was very good, I forget the name offhand, it was something
related to the Equador.....(the one in Peru was Condor) , but can look it
up. I'm not sure what the cost of the Galapagos portion was, it was part

of
a 3 week vacation.......week in Peru, week in Equador, and a week in

Brazil.
The boat had about 40 cabins, but was only about half full. Even on that
size boat, almost everyone The food and service were excellant, and the
naturalists were outstanding. Unlike other cruise ships, there was not

much
night life, because you are really beat by the end of the day. I can get
further info if you wish.....it was a couple of vacations ago..........it
was a good year economically :-)

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"P.Fritz" wrote in message
The Galapago's are great.....was there last April. Wish I would have

done
the 7/8 days instead of the 4/5. Take lots of film, or lots of

memory
for
the digital. I was disappointed with the NG article, it seemed to

rate
highly places people don't often go, and downgraded more popular

places
simply because of their popularity, and not how they managed the

numbers.

Who did you go with and a cost range? Did you like the tour company and
what size boat?
Thanks, Bill

Thanks. I am looking at the 16 passenger ships. As to Condor in Peru, I
used them for Machu Pichu in 2000. Fantastic people to tour with. At least
the Cusco and MP part.
Bill