Bill McKee wrote:
"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
Shortwave Sportfishing writes:

If you are going to buy two batteries, connect them in parallel.

Not a good idee.

Why? Hundreds of thousands of batteries are connected in parallel.

Lots of
critical energy systems have them in parallel as well as most large

boats
house banks.

Thanks anybody for the inputs!

I am hesitating between a boat weighting 440 pounds and a very nice one
weighting around 1000 pounds. Will a 12V 55 lb motor with two batteries
(in parallel?) do the job still as fine?

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:16:53 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing writes:

If you are going to buy two batteries, connect them in parallel.

Not a good idee.

Really? Why?

Later,

Tom
SoFarrell

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks anybody for the inputs!

I am hesitating between a boat weighting 440 pounds and a very nice one
weighting around 1000 pounds. Will a 12V 55 lb motor with two batteries
(in parallel?) do the job still as fine?

I have two 12 volt batts hooked up in parallel for my 12 volt trolling
motor. Works fine, and I get lots of time on the trolling motor. I think my
boat weighs a little more than yours.

Bill McKee

I have a 3200# boat and a MK 65# autopilot does fine. Even got me back to
the ramp last year when I ran out of gas 2 miles from the ramp. After 3
days and 100+ miles on the lake, you should look at the gas gage before the
last 6 miles.
Bill

On 27 Apr 2005 02:07:48 -0700, wrote:

Thanks anybody for the inputs!

I am hesitating between a boat weighting 440 pounds and a very nice one
weighting around 1000 pounds. Will a 12V 55 lb motor with two batteries
(in parallel?) do the job still as fine?

No problem - in fact the 55 may be a little over kill, but hey - MORE
POWER!!! :)

Good luck.

Later,

Tom

Richard J Kinch

Shortwave Sportfishing writes:

Not a good idee.

Really? Why?

Any mismatch is destructive, and eventually, they will mismatch.
Shortwave Sportfishing

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:22:30 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing writes:

Not a good idee.

Really? Why?

Any mismatch is destructive, and eventually, they will mismatch.

Give me some specifics.

Later,

Tom

Tim

Richard J Kinch Apr 27, 6:22 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: Richard J Kinch - Find messages by this author

Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:22:30 -0500
Subject: Minn Kota 12V or 24V
original | Report Abuse

Shortwave Sportfishing writes:
Not a good idee.

Really? Why?

Any mismatch is destructive, and eventually, they will mismatch.

I really don't know what you mean by "destructive"

Two equally good batteries should work fine.

Eventually,one bad battery can, and usually will drain the good one,
but it won't ruin anything that I know of.

Adjusting Minn Kota Endura 30 to 15" spec [email protected] General 4 January 27th 05 12:12 AM
FS: Minn Kota Power Control in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 February 16th 04 12:43 PM
Need Minn Kota 3HP housing Larry General 0 December 24th 03 02:59 PM
inflatables help jake waldman General 16 December 2nd 03 02:57 AM
Trolling motor questions CCred68046 General 5 September 27th 03 01:54 AM