Jim

Default Moderator?

You're right -- I think the term you want is "oxymoron"

Doug Kanter wrote:
A phoney coward? Does that make him brave and valiant?

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message

your a phoney coward hiding behing a fake email name, aren't ya?

John H

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 01:53:02 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

A phoney coward? Does that make him brave and valiant?

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message
your a phoney coward hiding behing a fake email name, aren't ya?

No. It is one who spends too much time on the phone. Wake up, Doug.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Doug Kanter

wrote:

A phoney coward? Does that make him brave and valiant?

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message
your a phoney coward hiding behing a fake email name, aren't ya?

No. It is one who spends too much time on the phone. Wake up, Doug.

John H

Ay....un burro hablando de orejas!

John H

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 12:09:20 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

A phoney coward? Does that make him brave and valiant?

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message
your a phoney coward hiding behing a fake email name, aren't ya?

No. It is one who spends too much time on the phone. Wake up, Doug.

John H

Ay....un burro hablando de orejas!

According to my free translation service,
http://www.freetranslation.com/
you said, "Oh. ...un stupid speaking of ears! "

Was that close, or should I get a better translator. Maybe it was
idiomatic, and I just don't understand the idiom.

When I translated it myself, given my almost nonexistent knowledge of
Spanish, I thought you may have said, "Oh, an ass having ears." I
think I like mine better.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Doug Kanter

"John H" wrote in message
On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 12:09:20 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

A phoney coward? Does that make him brave and valiant?

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message
your a phoney coward hiding behing a fake email name, aren't ya?

No. It is one who spends too much time on the phone. Wake up, Doug.

John H

Ay....un burro hablando de orejas!

According to my free translation service,
http://www.freetranslation.com/
you said, "Oh. ...un stupid speaking of ears! "

Was that close, or should I get a better translator. Maybe it was
idiomatic, and I just don't understand the idiom.

When I translated it myself, given my almost nonexistent knowledge of
Spanish, I thought you may have said, "Oh, an ass having ears." I
think I like mine better.

John H

It means "A donkey talking about ears". Idiomatic thing like "The pot
calling the kettle black", which in retrospect doesn't fit the conversation
at all. So, never mind. Too much multitasking. :-)

LaBomba182

Subject: Moderator?
From: John H

wrote:

A phoney coward? Does that make him brave and valiant?

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message
your a phoney coward hiding behing a fake email name, aren't ya?

No. It is one who spends too much time on the phone. Wake up, Doug.

John H

Close, it's someone who spends to much time hiding behind a phone. :-)

Capt. Bill
John Smith

Doug,
Instead of thinking about changing the name and purpose of a newsgroup, why
not use newsgroups as they were intended?

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"CCred68046" wrote in message
If you're in a bar at a marina with friends, do you only talk about

boats?

1. This isnt the bar at the marina.
2. Were not your friends.

You people are argueing with a man who dosen't know a bar from a

newsgroup.

Then think of a more generic term than "bar" or "newsgroup". Try "forum"

or
"venue".

Harry Krause

John Smith wrote:

Doug,
Instead of thinking about changing the name and purpose of a newsgroup, why
not use newsgroups as they were intended?

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"CCred68046" wrote in message

If you're in a bar at a marina with friends, do you only talk about

boats?

1. This isnt the bar at the marina.
2. Were not your friends.

You people are argueing with a man who dosen't know a bar from a

newsgroup.

Then think of a more generic term than "bar" or "newsgroup". Try "forum"

or

"venue".

Most of those who whine the most here aren't what one might call
contributors, anyway.
John Smith

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Most of those who whine the most here aren't what one might call
contributors, anyway.

and most of those who come here to post off topic messages aren't
contributors either.

Doug Kanter

"John Smith" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Most of those who whine the most here aren't what one might call
contributors, anyway.

and most of those who come here to post off topic messages aren't
contributors either.

Ah....not true. Check the responses to many of the boating questions. Much
of the time, they come from the same crowd that posts political stuff. What
else are we supposed to do when the shop is empty of visitors? Sit around
sorting used spark plugs? And, is there a non-boating topic that WOULD be
acceptable, like gardening? I notice that lawnmower discussions are popular.
Nobody complains about that. There was also a very long thread which began
with people insulting each other's mothers for voting for Roosevelt, and
ended up as a friendly swap of crab cake recipes, clearly a boating topic by
anyone's estimate.