John Smith

Default Moderator?

Doug,

I know my post will not make a difference, but what has happened is that
most of the contributors who liked the forum as a group to discussion boats,
have long left this group. The regulars now come here to discuss politics
and ignore most posts concerning boats. As I said, I know the group wont'
change, but Joe's posts is a fair request. At one time, this group was 90%
on topic and 10% off topic, it is now about 80% OFF TOPIC and 20% on topic.
Since the group is not moderated, it will go whatever way the regulars want
it to go, but I am sure we will see less and less boating topics as this
group is taking over by those who think it is a political forum. It appears
that the regulars want this to be a political forum.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
If you see a topic regarding bilge pumps, but you have no interest in that
at the moment, what do you do?

"Joe. R" wrote in message
link.net...
Doesn't this board have a moderator? It's really a downer to see a once
fine source of information on boats and boating in general get polluted

by
non boating garbage.

There are other sites where folks can spout off on non-boating topics.

jr