CCred68046

Default Moderator?

Based on that quote taken out of contexted perhaps.

LOL, so... not only are you an authority on politics but also on spam.... That
makes sense, they go together.
Florida Keyz

Whats your email address, not that one you post with. Bawk!
Florida Keyz

and the truly sad part, is all this OT krap is kililng this group. All will be
left is the cowards posting under false names.

Serves em right, I suppose.
John Smith

Default Newsgroup Netiquette

Capt. Bill,

Since we are discussing Newsgroup terms and definitions, I wonder if anyone
has ever read the common accepted Newsgroup Netiquette

Newsgroup Netiquette
If you participate in USENET Newsgroups, Web-based Discussion Groups or
Message Boards, there are a few important things to know.
Lurk before you leap. Lurking is the practice of reading the postings in a
group for a week or so before posting a message yourself. No one will know
you are lurking, and you can get a feel for the types of personalities in
the group, what types of things are discussed, and what topics or behaviors
are frowned upon. You may even find after lurking for a week that you do not
want to participate in the discussion.

Know the FAQs. Most groups have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) that will
tell you about any rules that govern the group, and the expectations the
group has for those who will participate.

Do not post "off topic". If the discussion group is about quantum physics,
do not post something about the latest episode of "Friends".

Find the Right Group
Don't stray from the topic of the newsgroup or Mailing List Discussion
Group. These groups have formed for a reason, and their participants are
involved to discuss and share ideas on particular topics. Respect the group
and its members by sticking to appropriate issues. The Internet is a big
place, and you can bet there's a group out there just for you.

Avoid Flame Wars. A Flame is a posting in which one participant attacks
another participant in an overly harsh and personal manner. The person who
is flamed will usually respond in kind, which invites another flame, and so
on. If you are not involved, it is best to stay out of it; and, if you are,
end it as soon as reasonably possible.

Ignore Flame Bait. Flame bait is when someone posts a comment that is
specifically designed to provoke a reaction and start a flame war. This is
also called trolling, and it is often aimed at newbies. Some people do this
just for kicks and then sit back and watch the flames fly. An example of
trolling would be someone in a Mustang car owners discussion group making
overtly negative comments about Mustangs. Don't take the bait. If everyone
ignores the comment, the troller will go somewhere else.

Do not advertise. Like unsolicited email advertising, posting an
advertisement in a discussion group that does not specifically allow this
practice is spamming. This is against our Acceptable Use Policy, as it is
with all reputable ISPs. However, if you are a regular participant of a
discussion group, and the opportunity presents itself, you may be able to
get in a plug. For example, if you are an active member of a photography
discussion group and you also happen to sell antique cameras, it usually
would be appropriate to respond to someone in the group who asks where they
can find antique cameras. If you are a regular member of the group, you will
learn what you can and cannot do. When in doubt, read the FAQ for that
group.

"LaBomba182" wrote in message

"The term "spam," as used on this newsgroup, means "the same article (or
essentially the same article) posted an unacceptably high number of times

one or more newsgroups." CONTENT IS IRRELEVANT. 'Spam' doesn't mean "ads."

It
doesn't mean "abuse." It doesn't mean "posts whose content I object to."

Spam
is a funky name for a phenomenon that can be measured pretty objectively:

did
that post appear X times?"

Mark Browne

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message
and the truly sad part, is all this OT krap is kililng this group. All

will be
left is the cowards posting under false names.

Serves em right, I suppose.

Help me out he Is you name Florida Keys?

Mark Browne

CCred68046

John...please dont confuse this man with facts. He is a Captain you know...

Mark Browne

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message
Whats your email address, not that one you post with. Bawk!

Mr. Keyz,

Why do you need that?

The only valid reason I can think of is to send some poison dripping purple
prose that *even you* don't think is suitable for general consumption. It
does not seem that you want to e-mail him off list, you have been very vocal
about whining into the list.

Are you planning to send him a virus?

The reason I feel the need to ask is that I recall that there have been some
reports of virus files being sent to members of this newsgroup. Could Mr.
Keyz be a naughty hacker?

Or are you planning to e-mail bomb someone? Just as bad, really.

Well, you have my e-mail address, plus the FISH. I will let the newsgroup
know how it goes.

Mark Browne
PS My boat is still sleeping under a cover, but the snow is melting.

Bert Robbins

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message
and the truly sad part, is all this OT krap is kililng this group. All

will be
left is the cowards posting under false names.

Serves em right, I suppose.

This news group got infected back in November of 2000 when everyone's
political views came out rather then everyone just talking about boats.

John H

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 17:43:43 GMT, "Mark Browne"
wrote:

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message
and the truly sad part, is all this OT krap is kililng this group. All

will be
left is the cowards posting under false names.

Serves em right, I suppose.

Help me out he Is you name Florida Keys?

Mark Browne

Sorry about repeating your question.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD