Don White

Default Looking for boat recommendations

KL333 wrote in message

Obviously, you do not have a clue about the boats because you
did not provide any intelligent answer about the boats.
However, you had the time to provide your cute and useless
response. if you know anything then prove it. Otherwise shut up
and get out from my thread. Open your thread and post your
crap there.

Oh Oh! Just what the world needs...another new powerboater with attitude.

Stephen Weir & Associates

I would recommend you look at a Glacier Bay. All the Glacier Bays powerboats
are outboard cats and can come with a cabin. Light enough to put on a
trailer.

The owner of the boat works, Larry Graf does annual adventures with his
Glacier Bay to show how durable they are. He took a 25 footer from Midway to
(I believe) Hawaii. Four years ago he brought along a 23 footer to Nome and
a group of us went from Alaska to Russia with the Glacier Bay and 3 Sea
Doos. Didn't make it to mainland Asia (one of the Sea Doos was damaged on an
ice floe and our translator was arrested by the Russians on Big Diamede
Island) but we did reach a Russian outpost 5 miles off-shore. Glacier Bay
was rock steady, floated in a cup of water and functioned safely in the most
adverse conditions. Only thing is, I don't think $30K will cut it (I am in
Canada so I am not sure how much they cost in the US with US money). The
fibreglas powerboats are made in Seattle

in article , KL333 at
wrote on 4/3/04 10:31 pm:

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 19:22:42 -0800, Alan Street
wrote:

In article , KL333
wrote:

#I would like to collect power boat recommendations that satisfy these
#conditions:
# - max about 20 feet (absolute max 25 feet)
# - used for scuba diving (underwater photography) and island
# hopping, no other major uses (no fishing)
# - built to support the use along Florida coast, esp west coast
# and the Florida Keys in the south, the sides should be high
# enough to protect against small waves
# - preferably built-in motor (not the attached-type) to provide
# more space in the back, this is not goging to be a race
# boat, max 20-30 miles/hour is enough
# - a small platform in the back for easy diving and access to
# equipment
# - has to be easy to trailer because it will be carried on a trailer
# to many different locations frequently
# - occupancy max 2 people, but it has to be easy to operate even for a
#single person
# - it should to be designed to sleep 2 people on the deck by easy
# removal of the seats to make flat sleeping surface and by
# installing some overhead bug screen
#

What's your budget?

My plan is to come up with a set of *existing* boat models that
satisfy the reqs. Then I would look for a used one and then and only
then the price would become a factor. My hope is to spend less than
$30K incl. the trailer.

Scott McFadden

(KL333) wrote in message ...

My hope is to spend less than $30K incl. the trailer.

If I ever suffer another bout of temporary insanity and exhibit
delusional behavior, such as buying another boat, I'll head down to SE
FL and deal with these folks:

http://www.dusky.com/welcome.htm

Factory direct - no dealer markups, and/or screwups, to hassle with.

Check out the 20' FAC.

30K and you're ready to roll w/a new 200 hp ob. (yea I know you asked
about inboard but boating is all about compromises)
--
SJM
Leggester

I don't know why you don't want an outboard.

A blow up is fine, or a flat bottom skiff ( semi Vee ) with a square
nose may be usefull. Put a ladder on the front and enter/exit from
there instead of by the out drive.

Go look at boat stores and storage areas in your FLA area. You'll
probably get more ideas there.
Ross Bagley

(KL333) writes:

On 05 Mar 2004 04:07:42 -0500,
(Ross Bagley)
wrote:

(KL333) writes:

FIRST, you really need to take the AAQ course or
Answering ***Asked*** Questions.

Well, to be fair, your post did make it appear that you didn't know
much about boating. To anyone who's a newbie at owning/piloting a
boat, Bob's advice is very, very, good advice.

Perhaps it just isn't useful advice for you. Any more.

Obviously, you do not have a clue about the boats because you
did not provide any intelligent answer about the boats.

Obviously.

(hint: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence)

However, you had the time to provide your cute and useless
response.

I thought I'd offer a little assistance in improving your
understanding of the situation. Especially after you threw your first
hissy fit upon receiving perfectly good advice from my friend Bob.

But that second bit of information didn't do you any good either.
So now I'm going to switch strategies to helping you make a grand
fool of yourself. Lucky for me, you make this an easy task.

if you know anything then prove it.

Why? I'm enjoying this discussion without any proof already. I
don't think that proof would make it any more fun. Where's the
fun in proof? The mistake you're making is to think that I have
the same goals reading and writing to these newsgroups as you do.
I'm here to entertain myself.

In case you want to know, you're doing a great job helping me with my
goals.

Otherwise shut up and get out from my thread.

You're new here aren't you? Then allow me to welcome you to USENET!
The way I do things here is the way I want to do things here. That
applies to just about everyone on USENET, despite what you may want.

Right now, I'm entertaining myself by posting a message which
emphasizes how juvenile you've made yourself appear, being sure to
point out the really good bits so the other readers of rec.boats and
rec.scuba don't miss anything.

Open your thread and post your crap there.

Nah. I did that yesterday. Today I'm enjoying myself here.

Regards,
Ross

-- Ross Bagley
http://rossbagley.com/rba
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature...
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -- Helen Keller
Crownfield

KL333 wrote:

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:12:54 -0800, Crownfield
wrote:

KL333 wrote:

I would like to collect power boat recommendations that satisfy these
conditions:

FIRST, you really need to take the USCG small boater course,
or the Power Squadron boating course.

FIRST, you really need to take the AAQ course or
Answering ***Asked*** Questions.

sorry. I knew you were incompetent from the questions,
but I did not realize that you were that dumb.

from your questions it was obvioous that you do not know nearly enough
about boats to be safe.
one of the great rights in the us is that you can go out and buy any
boat you want,
and other people will come and save you. they get paid to do it.

on the water,
you hear the calls for help over and over and over again.

you can come back in a while
and tell us some of the really dumb things you learned the hard way.
CaptMP

For your uses a Bayliner 2052 w/4.3 Mercruiser I/O would work well, mine cost
right at 28k with galvanised dual axle trailer and freshwater cooling, towing
weight about 5500 lbs, cabin sleeps two easy and comes with canvas helm
enclosure, swim platform and ladder (thought the ladder really needs another
rung for boarding with equipment). Had mine since '99 in a salt water marina
(San Diego) no complaints, a good value in spite of what some (Harry, are ye
out there?) might say. Yeah, it's not a Hatteras or Grand Banks, but it'll get
the job done .

By the way, your attitude IS. Just a bit. On this NG at least.
Best wishes from an old Florida guy (Treasure Island 1944-1966)
Mike