Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
basskisser

Default OT Bill and Fritz, an official reply from Labatt

To prove that I am right, and you two aren't, I emailed Labatt, and
asked their take on the Labatt vs. Labatt's issue. As you know, you two
claim that Labatt's is correct. I've stated it hasn't been correct
since the 70's. Anyway, this should steam you two!:

Thank you for your e-mail Curtis and taking the time to leave us your
comments. Our corporate name becomes more one language without the "s"

and
can be used in a consistent manner for French language communication
activities. This issue became more significant when we acquired
breweries
in Italy in the late 1970's and more recently as we expanded our
presence in
Mexico and other South American countries. All of our Labatt products
as of 1970's do not have the 's, and the registered trademark of our
various beers and ales is Labatt. As Labatt's was officially changed to
Labatt, it is no longer part of our registered trademark agreements.

Regards,

Yvette
Labatt Customer Service