Jerry Steele

Default Which candidate....

will Al-Qaeda support?
NOYB

I dunno about al-Qaeda...but Kerry is reaching out to the Iranians for their
support. I guess he figures that if Iran sends enough insurgents into Iraq
to bloody enough of our troops, then our country will elect him to deal with
the problem. What a scumbag.

Read:

February 12, 2004 No.661

Iranian News Agency Alleges Presidential Candidate John Kerry Sends
Email Message

According to an article published in the Tehran Times, the office of
U.S. Senator and leading Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry sent
an email message to the Mehr News Agency . The following is the article as
it appeared in English : [1]

"The office of Senator John Kerry, the frontrunner in the Democratic
presidential primary in the U.S., sent the Mehr News Agency an email saying
that Kerry will try to repair the damage done by the incumbent president if
he wins the election. The text of the e-mail follows:

"'As Americans who have lived and worked extensively overseas, we have
personally witnessed the high regard with which people around the world have
historically viewed the United States. Sadly, we are also painfully aware of
how the actions and the attitudes demonstrated by the U.S. government over
the past three years have threatened the goodwill earned by presidents of
both parties over many decades and put many of our international
relationships at risk.

"'It is in the urgent interests of the people of the United States to
restore our country's credibility in the eyes of the world. America needs
the kind of leadership that will repair alliances with countries on every
continent that have been so damaged in the past few years, as well as build
new friendships and overcome tensions with others.

"'We are convinced that John Kerry is the candidate best qualified to
meet this challenge. Senator Kerry has the diplomatic skill and temperament
as well as a lifetime of accomplishments in [the] field of international
affairs. He believes that collaboration with other countries is crucial to
efforts to win the war on terror and make America safer.

"'An understanding of global affairs is essential in these times, and
central to this campaign. Kerry has the experience and the understanding
necessary to successfully restore the United States to its position of
respect within the community of nations. He has the judgment and vision
necessary to assure that the United States fulfills a leadership role in
meeting the challenges we face throughout the world.

"'The current Administration's policies of unilateralism and rejection
of important international initiatives, from the Kyoto Accords to the
Biological Weapons Convention, have alienated much of the world and
squandered remarkable reserves of support after 9/11. This climate of
hostility affects us all, but most especially impacts those who reside
overseas. Disappointment with current U.S. leadership is widespread,
extending not just to the corridors of power and politics, but to the man
and woman on the street as well.

"'We believe John Kerry is the Democrat who can go toe-to-toe against
the current Administration on national security and defense issues. We also
remain convinced that John Kerry has the best chance of beating the
incumbent in November, and putting America on a new course that will lead to
a safer, more secure, and more stable world.'"

[1] Tehran Times (Iran), February 8, 2004.

----

"Jerry Steele" wrote in message
om...
will Al-Qaeda support?

DSK

NOYB wrote:

I dunno about al-Qaeda...but Kerry is reaching out to the Iranians for their
support. I guess he figures that if Iran sends enough insurgents into Iraq
to bloody enough of our troops, then our country will elect him to deal with
the problem.

Please quote the part of Kerry's message that encourages "Iranian
insurgents" to attack our troops.

... What a scumbag.

I agree. You must be pretty hard up to believe any lie and repeat all
slander from BushCo. Once the brain starts to atrophy, it's difficult to
reverse...

DSK

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

[...]

It reads to me like a news release Kerry's office might have sent out to
every known news agency on the face of the planet.

I've done this myself, although not internationally, on behalf of
clients many times. I have the ability to email a news release
simultaneously to tens of thousands of news outlets via an email list
service to which I subscribe. I also obtain the fax numbers of these
news outlets, and, for many of them, their snail mail addrssses.

Sounds to me as if you are unsophisticated in these matters.

It's sounds like an olive branch to me...and the Iranians will read it as
appeasement. In other words, should Kerry become President, he will undo
what Bush has done, and remove the pressure on Iran. Why *wouldn't* the
Iranians view that as an open invitation to continue stirring up unrest in
Iraq? It's in their best interest to have Kerry as US President...rather
than Bush.

For reasons obvious to most intelligent people, every Presidential successor
makes it a point to let potential enemies know that they'll be no radical
change in US policy with the changing of an administration. Kerry is going
down a very dangerous path here...and encouraging rogue nations to create as
much chaos as needed to politically damage Bush.

NOYB

"DSK" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

I dunno about al-Qaeda...but Kerry is reaching out to the Iranians for

their
support. I guess he figures that if Iran sends enough insurgents into

Iraq
to bloody enough of our troops, then our country will elect him to deal

with
the problem.

Please quote the part of Kerry's message that encourages "Iranian
insurgents" to attack our troops.

Are you being intentionally obtuse? It's no secret that Bush has been
putting the heat on Iran. We have 125,000 troops on their Western
border...and air bases on their Eastern border. There's a distinct
possibility that those troops will be used against Iran should Bush be
reelected. The Iranians know that. Kerry's own email has stated his
administration would "strive to overcome tensions with others". In other
words, he'd go back to the way things were before...when Libya was
developing WMD's, Saddam was developing missiles to strike Israel, and Iran
was very actively pursuing a nuclear program.

... What a scumbag.

I agree. You must be pretty hard up to believe any lie and repeat all
slander from BushCo. Once the brain starts to atrophy, it's difficult to
reverse...

DSK

thunder

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:57:39 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

It reads to me like a news release Kerry's office might have sent out to
every known news agency on the face of the planet.

Yup, looks like spam to me, but then I didn't put it through my secret
decoder ring.
DSK

NOYB wrote:
Are you being intentionally obtuse? It's no secret that Bush has been
putting the heat on Iran.

I am not "obtuse" at all, however I do not see public disagreement with
BushCo as "treason." Obviously, you do. I thought GW Bush was President,
not Fuhrer.

... Kerry's own email has stated his
administration would "strive to overcome tensions with others". In other
words, he'd go back to the way things were before...when Libya was
developing WMD's, Saddam was developing missiles to strike Israel, and Iran
was very actively pursuing a nuclear program.

Hardly.

First of all, Saddam's "missiles to strike Israel" are every bit as much
a fantasy as his WMD's. Secondly, Iran is *still* pursuing a nuclear
weapons capability (or at least, as much of a one as they can afford)and
the Bush team is doing little or nothing to stop them... kinda like
North Korea...

In other words, you are mindlessly spouting any and all BushCo
propaganda, no matter how slanderous, stupid, and blatantly untrue.

If the Bush worshippers keep hitting this "dissent equals treason"
button hard enough, they'll be out on their ear come November. Americans
don't like being pushed around. OTOH, maybe that's BushCo's plan... get
installed by the Supreme Court for a 2nd term, no matter what the
electorate decides, only maybe this time they will install him for
life... and change his title...

DSK

NOYB

. ..

NOYB wrote:
Are you being intentionally obtuse? It's no secret that Bush has been
putting the heat on Iran.

I am not "obtuse" at all, however I do not see public disagreement with
BushCo as "treason." Obviously, you do. I thought GW Bush was President,
not Fuhrer.

You can publically disagree with Bush all you want. However, when you're a
US Senator, and you start sending emails to the intelligence communities of
enemy nations...emails that have the intent of undermining the authority of
the incumbent President...then you're a traitor.

... Kerry's own email has stated his
administration would "strive to overcome tensions with others". In

other
words, he'd go back to the way things were before...when Libya was
developing WMD's, Saddam was developing missiles to strike Israel, and

Iran
was very actively pursuing a nuclear program.

Hardly.

First of all, Saddam's "missiles to strike Israel" are every bit as much
a fantasy as his WMD's.

Kay's report said that they had several missiles and missile programs that
were in violation of UN Res. 1441. In fact, Kay said they were much more
advanced in that area than we once thought.

Secondly, Iran is *still* pursuing a nuclear
weapons capability (or at least, as much of a one as they can afford)and
the Bush team is doing little or nothing to stop them...

You just right along and keep believing that they're doing nothing...
Iran is in our cross-hairs. Bet on it. We wouldn't have troops stationed
on their Western and Eastern borders if Bush didn't mean business.

kinda like
North Korea...

N. Korea was a situation where diplomacy (via China) has kept them at
bay...for now.

In other words, you are mindlessly spouting any and all BushCo
propaganda, no matter how slanderous, stupid, and blatantly untrue.

If the Bush worshippers keep hitting this "dissent equals treason"
button hard enough, they'll be out on their ear come November. Americans
don't like being pushed around. OTOH, maybe that's BushCo's plan... get
installed by the Supreme Court for a 2nd term, no matter what the
electorate decides, only maybe this time they will install him for
life... and change his title...

DSK

NOYB wrote:
You can publically disagree with Bush all you want.

I can, but you apparently cannot

.... However, when you're a
US Senator, and you start sending emails to the intelligence communities of
enemy nations...emails that have the intent of undermining the authority of
the incumbent President...then you're a traitor.

Possibly so, did anybody do that?

The Kerry email that you quoted was 1- sent to news agencies 2- did not
have any intent of "undermining the authority of the incumbent President."

Looking at naked facts is apparently too embarrassing for your morality
& ethics...

DSK

Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

It's sounds like an olive branch to me...and the Iranians will read it as
appeasement. In other words, should Kerry become President, he will undo
what Bush has done, and remove the pressure on Iran. Why *wouldn't* the
Iranians view that as an open invitation to continue stirring up unrest in
Iraq? It's in their best interest to have Kerry as US President...rather
than Bush.

It's a blessing to have a guy like you to learn from. Here's your chance:
What country are Lebanese people from?