basskisser

Default OT Right will claim it's lies!

U.N. Study: Earth's Health Deteriorating
By CATHERINE McALOON, Associated Press Writer

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Printable Version
Email This Article

(03-31) 02:48 PST LONDON, United Kingdom (AP) --

Growing populations and expanding economic activity have strained the
planet's ecosystems over the past half century, a trend that threatens
international efforts to combat poverty and disease, a U.N.-sponsored
study of the Earth's health warned on Wednesday.

The four-year, $24 million Millennium Ecosystem Assessment found humans
have caused heavy damage or depleted portions of the world's farmlands,
forests and watercourses.

Unless nations adopt more eco-friendly policies, increased human
demands for food, clean water and fuels could speed the disappearance
of forests, fish and fresh water reserves and lead to more frequent
disease outbreaks over the next 50 years, it warned.

"This report is essentially an audit of nature's economy and the audit
shows that we have driven most of the accounts into the red," Jonathan
Lash, a member of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment board, said in
London.

The report said degradation of ecosystems was a barrier to achieving
development goals adopted at the U.N. Millennium Summit in
Johannesburg, South Africa in September 2000: halving the proportion of
people without access to clean water and basic sanitation by 2015 and
improving the lives of 100 million slum dwellers by 2020.

Walter Reid, director of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment, said over
the past 50 years humans had changed ecosystems more rapidly and
extensively than any comparable period in human history.

"These changes have resulted in a substantial and largely irreversible
loss to the biological diversity of the planet," Reid said.

U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan said the Millennium Ecosystem
Assessment "tells us how we can change course," and urged nations to
consider its recommendations.

The study was compiled by 1,360 scientists from 95 nations who pored
over 16,000 satellite photos from the U.S. National Aeronautics and
Space Administration, and analyzed statistics and scientific journals.

Their findings highlight the planet's problems at the end of the 20th
century, as the human population reached 6 billion.

Conservation groups called on governments, businesses and individuals
to heed the study's warnings.

___

John H

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Printable Version
Email This Article

(03-31) 02:48 PST LONDON, United Kingdom (AP) --

Growing populations and expanding economic activity have strained the
planet's ecosystems over the past half century, a trend that threatens
international efforts to combat poverty and disease, a U.N.-sponsored
study of the Earth's health warned on Wednesday.

Much snipped.

What's to call a lie? Overpopulation is causing problems worldwide.

But, speaking of lies, do you remember this?

**************************************
On 2 Mar 2005 12:07:35 -0800, wrote:

And all of the conservatives here are lying ****ing pigs, just like
you, liar.

********************************

That was a jewel.
--
John H

basskisser

Thursday, March 31, 2005

[...]

Do you care to post what I was replying to, John, so that it can be
taken in context?

P.Fritz

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Printable Version
Email This Article

(03-31) 02:48 PST LONDON, United Kingdom (AP) --

Growing populations and expanding economic activity have strained the
planet's ecosystems over the past half century, a trend that threatens
international efforts to combat poverty and disease, a U.N.-sponsored
study of the Earth's health warned on Wednesday.

Much snipped.

What's to call a lie? Overpopulation is causing problems worldwide.

Asslicker screaming like chicken little over the 'overpopulation myth'

P.T. Barnum was right......there is a sucker born every minute.

But, speaking of lies, do you remember this?

**************************************
On 2 Mar 2005 12:07:35 -0800, wrote:

And all of the conservatives here are lying ****ing pigs, just like
you, liar.

********************************

That was a jewel.
--
John H

John H

Thursday, March 31, 2005

[...]

No. But it's for sure you were responding to a post from only one person.
--
John H

basskisser

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Printable Version
Email This Article

(03-31) 02:48 PST LONDON, United Kingdom (AP) --

Growing populations and expanding economic activity have strained

the
planet's ecosystems over the past half century, a trend that

threatens
international efforts to combat poverty and disease, a

U.N.-sponsored
study of the Earth's health warned on Wednesday.

Much snipped.

What's to call a lie? Overpopulation is causing problems worldwide.

Asslicker screaming like chicken little over the 'overpopulation

myth'

P.T. Barnum was right......there is a sucker born every minute.

First, I see that you still aren't bright enough to post without
childish name calling. JimH realizes it, and has brought it to your
attention. It's a shame that you don't have any credibility here
because of your 3rd grade like attempt to get attention. It's pathetic.
Now, I'm screaming like chicken little? I take it you didn't comprehend
my post very well, huh? I didn't WRITE IT!! Secondly, specifically
which part(s) are you in disagreement with? It's nothing but a factual
piece. Perhaps YOU are the sucker for believing Rush, in that their are
no problems. Is JohnH a sucker? He's stated above that overpopulation
IS a problem. Lastly, thanks for making my point, that the right wing
will take the FACTS, and just say, "they're lies", with no facts of
their own to back up the allegation!

John H

On 1 Apr 2005 07:08:13 -0800, "basskisser" wrote:

First, I see that you still aren't bright enough to post without
childish name calling. JimH realizes it, and has brought it to your
attention. It's a shame that you don't have any credibility here
because of your 3rd grade like attempt to get attention. It's pathetic.
Now, I'm screaming like chicken little? I take it you didn't comprehend
my post very well, huh? I didn't WRITE IT!! Secondly, specifically
which part(s) are you in disagreement with? It's nothing but a factual
piece. Perhaps YOU are the sucker for believing Rush, in that their are
no problems. Is JohnH a sucker? He's stated above that overpopulation
IS a problem. Lastly, thanks for making my point, that the right wing
will take the FACTS, and just say, "they're lies", with no facts of
their own to back up the allegation!

Speaking of name-calling, remember this classic?

Speaking of name-calling, basskisser, do you remember this famous post?

**************************************

Thursday, March 31, 2005

[...]

But your response was to only one post!

(You kinda left that out...)
--
John H

P. Fritz

"John H" wrote in message
[...]

What about his classic "I'm not Kevin" routine.......being the "King of
the NG idiots" he posted from his metoo account........what a fraud.

Speaking of name-calling, basskisser, do you remember this famous post?

**************************************
On 2 Mar 2005 12:07:35 -0800, wrote:

And all of the conservatives here are lying ****ing pigs, just like
you, liar.

That was a jewel!
--
John H

Saddam's 17 Volumes of Enjoyable Reading - OT John H General 15 March 6th 05 01:11 PM
OT Right wing vote fraud, and political lies Gould 0738 General 0 October 20th 04 04:51 PM
OT Claims Vs. Facts from BushCo. basskisser General 19 July 13th 04 07:21 PM
Bush Resume Bobsprit ASA 21 September 14th 03 11:22 PM
OT Bush's lies upon lies. basskisser General 0 July 16th 03 02:45 PM