Black-n-Gold

Default Any owners of the Sea Sport 24 Explorer?

I looked very hard at the Sea Sport 24 Explorer this past week at the
Seattle boat show. I like everything about the boat, except no flybridge
option and of course the steep price. I priced it out with quite a bit of
options, including rear station steering and the Volvo KAD43 Dual Prop.
Stat's available show the boat top speed in the 40's, with 7 gph cruising at
25 knots. I like the stand up head option, something the Osprey 24 doesn't
have. I don't like having a huge engine compartment however. They do offer
a outboard bracket, but I think I'll stick with an inboard.

The boat would reside in Southeast Alaska and would be used an average of
250 hours a year. A buddy bought a Seaswirl 23 this past year. Very tight
boat, however for the money - I think it set him back $60k fully loaded - it
doesn't have any cabin space. I have two small kids and would like to have
a good extended trip cabin. This one has a nice small fridge, plus I looked
at the Wallas stove. I didn't get a chance to look at the Skagit Orca,
which I hear are a nice setup as well. I've heard good things about the
Parker line as well.

Any other boats I should be looking at here? Thanks.

linus

Harry Krause

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

Sea Sports are sweet rides. But I'd want to avoid an I/O; I'd go for the
outboard bracket.

Email sent to is never read.

Carolina Skiff owners group RG General 0 December 17th 03 12:47 PM
Erickson owners' lists ? Sven General 4 December 1st 03 04:27 AM
Fischer Panda Owner's Forum Geoffrey W. Schultz General 1 October 8th 03 01:31 AM
Need owners manual for 97 Maxum 2300SC Rob Wolters General 0 July 18th 03 11:02 PM