Dr. John Smith

Default Pirates of the Malacca Straits

KUALA LUMPUR, March 16 (Xinhuanet) -- The pirates who abducted three crew
members from the Japanese tugboat Idaten in the Malacca Straits Monday,
disguised themselves as local fishermen to evade police check, a police
officer said Wednesday.
The crew who were safe in the attack had informed that the pirates used
three local fishing boats to approach the tugboat, Malaysia Maritime
Enforcement Coordination Center Director, First Admiral Abdul Hadi Abdul
Rashid, told reporters after closing a naval exercise in Penang State.

"In our enforcement operations, we only inspect foreign fishing vessels
which encroach our waters and not local ones. It is impossible for us to
check all boats in our waters within a short time," he said.

He said because of the disguise, a patrol vessel which was partof the
exercise and about 15 nautical miles east of the location of the attack
could not respond in time.

Abdul Hadi said investigations found the boats to be Malaysian-owned but
with false registration numbers and the owners were being traced.

He was commenting on the attack in which the Idaten's captain Nobouo
Indue, 54, chief engineer Shunji Kuroda, 51, both Japanese, and a Filipino
engineer Sadang Paliawan, 41, were kidnapped.

The Idaten with a crew of 11 was towing a construction barge, Kuroshio
1, which had a 150-man crew and was carrying undersea pipe laying equipment
from Batam in Indonesia to Myanmar when it came under attack.

The attack is believed to be the work of the same pirates who preyed on
two other vessels in the Straits of Malacca over the past two weeks.

The incidents also happened in roughly the same area which is only about
20 nautical miles off the maritime borders of Indonesia and Malaysia,
enabling them to make quick get-aways.

Last Saturday, 35 pirates armed with machine guns and rocket launchers
stormed a tanker which was on its way from Samirinda in Kalimantan to
Belawan in Sumatra. The captain and chief engineer were abducted.

On March 2, four men in a fishing boat kidnapped a tugboat captain and
his Indonesian chief officer.

The Straits of Malacca is one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world
with an estimated 50,000 vessels carrying all types cargoes using it
annually. Enditem ?

Dr. John Smith

It really is so easy to get Harry to bite.

"HarryKrause" wrote in message
Dr. John Smith wrote:

Ahh, yet another "Smithers" variant and, of course, fresh meat for the
bozo bin.

Bye bye, bozo.

P.Fritz

"Dr. John Smith" wrote in message
It really is so easy to get Harry to bite.

A true sign of insecurity........having to announce everyone you
'supposedly' killfile...................right up there with netsock.

Dr. John Smith wrote:

Ahh, yet another "Smithers" variant and, of course, fresh meat for the
bozo bin.

Bye bye, bozo.

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:35:52 -0500, "Dr. John Smith"
wrote:

KUALA LUMPUR, March 16 (Xinhuanet) -- The pirates who abducted three crew
members from the Japanese tugboat Idaten in the Malacca Straits Monday,
disguised themselves as local fishermen to evade police check, a police
officer said Wednesday.

~~ snippage ~~

Back awhile ago, I went with a friend of mine who was transporting
three 40 foot Cabos down to Costa Rica as deck cargo. We chatted with
the freighter officers (German) along the way and one of the things
they were most concerned about were pirates - especially with the 40
footers as cargo - something smugglers would want. By the time we got
near the transfer point where we were going to run the Cabos inshore,
things were a little tense because of reported activity in the area.
The freighter captain took us inshore much closer than originally
planned to cut us some slack, but he couldn't take it all the way in
because of his schedule.

Nothing happened when we took the boats inshore, but it was a nervous
trip.

Later,

Tom
Dr. John Smith

SWS,
Did you have a shotgun or any kind of defense? I would assume pirates do
not want to leave any witnesses.

wrote:

[...]

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:29:51 -0500, "Dr. John Smith"
wrote:

SWS,
Did you have a shotgun or any kind of defense? I would assume pirates do
not want to leave any witnesses.

Radios. :)

Later,

Tom
John H

Dr. John Smith wrote:

Ahh, yet another "Smithers" variant and, of course, fresh meat for the
bozo bin.

Bye bye, bozo.

I think Harry's 'bozo bin' is his main source of posts. He seems to respond to
people in his 'bin' more than anyone else.

What a joke.

--
John H

Dr. Dr. John Smith

JohnH,
You can see Harry responds to those who he knows some personal information,
since his method of response is to make insults using that personal info.
If he doesn't know any personal info, he pretends they are in his "bozo
bin". Can you imagine the deputy if Harry actually gave him a CD every 2
weeks? That story is right up there with his lobster boat and his Dr. Dr.
wife.

those he knows personal information

Dr. John Smith wrote:

Ahh, yet another "Smithers" variant and, of course, fresh meat for the
bozo bin.

Bye bye, bozo.

I think Harry's 'bozo bin' is his main source of posts. He seems to
respond to
people in his 'bin' more than anyone else.

Not at all. As an example, you're not in my bozo bin. Robbins is not in my
bozo bin. Goff is not in my bozo bin. But you're all close.

"Smithers" is in the bozo bin, and whenever he comes up with a variation,
the variant goes in the bozo bin. Your son Tuuk is is a special bozo bin;
his entire posts with headers are collected, saved, and downloaded about
every two weeks onto a CD, and the CD given to a deputy sheriff.

John H

Dr. John Smith wrote:

Ahh, yet another "Smithers" variant and, of course, fresh meat for the
bozo bin.

Bye bye, bozo.

I think Harry's 'bozo bin' is his main source of posts. He seems to
respond to
people in his 'bin' more than anyone else.

Not at all. As an example, you're not in my bozo bin. Robbins is not in my
bozo bin. Goff is not in my bozo bin. But you're all close.

"Smithers" is in the bozo bin, and whenever he comes up with a variation,
the variant goes in the bozo bin. Your son Tuuk is is a special bozo bin;
his entire posts with headers are collected, saved, and downloaded about
every two weeks onto a CD, and the CD given to a deputy sheriff.

Harry is...Harry. My opinion of him has remained constant.
--
John H

Netsock

"Dr. Dr. John Smith" wrote in message
JohnH,
You can see Harry responds to those who he knows some personal

information,
since his method of response is to make insults using that personal info.
If he doesn't know any personal info, he pretends they are in his "bozo
bin". Can you imagine the deputy if Harry actually gave him a CD every

2
weeks? That story is right up there with his lobster boat and his Dr. Dr.
wife.

Heh heh. You dont know the smile that comes to my face, when I see our
village idiot naming me in print, especially since he is in my kill file!

I think its great that I can push his buttons with such ease. This also
explains why he feel he "must be heard" by me, thus, changing his identity
10 times. What a pathetic twit he is.

None the less, yes John, its is a known fact he is a liar. It also appears
if one kill files him, it makes him furious. Might I suggest you do the
same? [huge grin]

--
-Netsock

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."
http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/

PIRATES! Scott Vernon ASA 26 July 3rd 04 11:33 PM
Pirates Vito ASA 1 June 19th 04 05:21 AM
Where can I find the most pirates ? Tom-Alex Soorhull Cruising 10 June 4th 04 01:57 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean - no, I'm serious Curtis CCR Cruising 34 January 13th 04 02:35 PM
Pirates robbed me Shane D. Maudiss Electronics 1 November 30th 03 01:16 PM