peewee

Default Why did you buy your boat?

I am a marketing college student and have chosen Recreational Boat industry
to study why boaters bought their boats. If you have purchased a new boat
from a dealership, can you please help me by answering the following 4
questions:

1) Why did you buy your boat?
2) Why did you buy it from the dealer you bought it from ?
3) What was the best and worst part about the buying experience?
4) Would you recommend this dealer to others who want to buy a new boat?

Thank you for participating! I need to get at least 30 responses for the
survey to be considered successful.
Sandy

Lloyd Sumpter

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 11:58:10 +0000, peewee wrote:

I am a marketing college student and have chosen Recreational Boat industry to
study why boaters bought their boats. If you have purchased a new boat from a
dealership, can you please help me by answering the following 4 questions:

1) Why did you buy your boat?
2) Why did you buy it from the dealer you bought it from ? 3) What was the
best and worst part about the buying experience? 4) Would you recommend this
dealer to others who want to buy a new boat?

Thank you for participating! I need to get at least 30 responses for the survey
to be considered successful.
Sandy

Good luck in finding 30 people who have bought a new boat from a dealership in
January!

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36 - bought used, 15 yrs ago (in January!)
Doug Kanter

"peewee" wrote in message
I am a marketing college student and have chosen Recreational Boat

industry
to study why boaters bought their boats. If you have purchased a new boat
from a dealership, can you please help me by answering the following 4
questions:

1) Why did you buy your boat?

My wife thought it would stop me from complaining about having to live in a
neighborhood full of trailer trash who park their cars on their lawns. I got
the boat, but continued to complain, and then divorced her when she refused
to consider moving someplace nicer. Sorry if this doesn't fit any of your
research categories. :-)

Here's one that'll fit: For fishing, relaxation, and to get away from bubbas
who start their lawnmowers at 7:00 AM on the weekends. It was a choice of
leaving, or killing these people. The shots never would've been heard over
the lawnmowers.

2) Why did you buy it from the dealer you bought it from ?

Because the salesperson was knowledgable, polite and thorough, and gave me a
significant price break for buying last year's model.

3) What was the best and worst part about the buying experience?

Best part: The dealer said the boat would be ready to take home in 3 days,
but had it ready in 1 instead. Worst: It was January and I had to wait two
months to put it in the water.

4) Would you recommend this dealer to others who want to buy a new boat?

Absolutely. The after-sale service has been astoundingly good, and I have
yet to meet another customer at their dock who feels otherwise. (Seagar
Marine, Canandaigua NY, 585-394-1372)

Ernie

"peewee" wrote in message
I am a marketing college student and have chosen Recreational Boat

industry
to study why boaters bought their boats. If you have purchased a new boat
from a dealership, can you please help me by answering the following 4
questions:

1) Why did you buy your boat?

My son would only let me use his Mondays thru Thursdays and I wasn't
satisfied fishing only four days out of seven.
2) Why did you buy it from the dealer you bought it from ?

He had the type of boat that met my every needs.

3) What was the best and worst part about the buying experience?

The best part was finding what I wanted in the showroom. The worst part was
dealing with the owner after I bought the boat. This seventy eitht year old
has never been treated so badly by anyone, and I repeat by anyone in my
entire life. I don't see how he can remain in business.

4) Would you recommend this dealer to others who want to buy a new boat?

Absolutely not. For those living in the Portland and or Raymond, Maine area
avoid shopping at the Panther Run Marine. It has been a nightmare since I
purchased the boat.

Thank you for participating! I need to get at least 30 responses for the
survey to be considered successful.
Sandy

rock_doctor

"peewee" wrote in message
1) Why did you buy your boat?

I came to the realization one day that i was getting older and would not be
able to out swim the alligators for much longer. Boat was purchased in
Florida.

2) Why did you buy it from the dealer you bought it from ?

Only dealer in area that sold Chris Crafts.

3) What was the best and worst part about the buying experience?

Best part: picking it out Worst part: paying for it

4) Would you recommend this dealer to others who want to buy a new boat?

No they went out of business a few years ago.

maui1015

"peewee" wrote in message
I am a marketing college student and have chosen Recreational Boat

industry
to study why boaters bought their boats. If you have purchased a new boat
from a dealership, can you please help me by answering the following 4
questions:

1) Why did you buy your boat?

For recreation: skiing, wakeboarding, fishing, cruising.

2) Why did you buy it from the dealer you bought it from ?

We bought our boat from a dealer with a positive reputation who also had the
best deal on a boat with the features we wanted.

3) What was the best and worst part about the buying experience?

Best part: we got a good price from a dealership that was easy to deal
with, got some handy extras thrown in.
Worst part: immediate failure of the remote (I believe it is a Quicksilver)
that was quickly replaced by the dealer.

4) Would you recommend this dealer to others who want to buy a new boat?

Yes.

offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Harry's lobster boat? Gould 0738 General 3 December 23rd 03 06:24 AM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM