Doug Kanter

Default Why did you buy your boat?

"peewee" wrote in message
I am a marketing college student and have chosen Recreational Boat

industry
to study why boaters bought their boats. If you have purchased a new boat
from a dealership, can you please help me by answering the following 4
questions:

1) Why did you buy your boat?

My wife thought it would stop me from complaining about having to live in a
neighborhood full of trailer trash who park their cars on their lawns. I got
the boat, but continued to complain, and then divorced her when she refused
to consider moving someplace nicer. Sorry if this doesn't fit any of your
research categories. :-)

Here's one that'll fit: For fishing, relaxation, and to get away from bubbas
who start their lawnmowers at 7:00 AM on the weekends. It was a choice of
leaving, or killing these people. The shots never would've been heard over
the lawnmowers.

2) Why did you buy it from the dealer you bought it from ?

Because the salesperson was knowledgable, polite and thorough, and gave me a
significant price break for buying last year's model.

3) What was the best and worst part about the buying experience?

Best part: The dealer said the boat would be ready to take home in 3 days,
but had it ready in 1 instead. Worst: It was January and I had to wait two
months to put it in the water.

4) Would you recommend this dealer to others who want to buy a new boat?

Absolutely. The after-sale service has been astoundingly good, and I have
yet to meet another customer at their dock who feels otherwise. (Seagar
Marine, Canandaigua NY, 585-394-1372)