NOYB

Default Yamaha & Hondas lose value FAST

"modervador" wrote in message
om...
"-rick-" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote ...

How many cars are able to make 225 hp out of a 2.0 liter engine...thus
getting 112.5 hp/liter? How many of 'em run their engines at nearly
80-90% of redline continuously for extended periods of time?

My commuter car has a 2.0L that makes 227 hp (stock), has AWD, and cost

less
than $25K new. Granted I don't run at 6000 rpm continuously but the

world rally
cup guys might. (Subaru WRX)

All more impressive because the car is a 4-stroke. I don't think any
4-stroke outboard gets much more than 120 hp from 2 liters.

The Yamaha 225hp Four-stroke is a 2.0 L engine...without a supercharger and
without a turbocharger. That was the point of my original post.

-rick-

"NOYB" wrote ...

"modervador" wrote

All more impressive because the car is a 4-stroke. I don't think any
4-stroke outboard gets much more than 120 hp from 2 liters.

The Yamaha 225hp Four-stroke is a 2.0 L engine...without a supercharger and
without a turbocharger. That was the point of my original post.

The only production model I can think of is the Honda S2000. A normally
aspirated 1997 cc making 240hp at 8300 rpm.
-rick-

Harry Krause

-rick- wrote:
"NOYB" wrote ...

"modervador" wrote

All more impressive because the car is a 4-stroke. I don't think any
4-stroke outboard gets much more than 120 hp from 2 liters.

The Yamaha 225hp Four-stroke is a 2.0 L engine...without a supercharger and
without a turbocharger. That was the point of my original post.

The only production model I can think of is the Honda S2000. A normally
aspirated 1997 cc making 240hp at 8300 rpm.
-rick-

My 2003 Yamaha F225 is a 3.3 liter engine.

--
Email sent to is never read.
NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
-rick- wrote:
"NOYB" wrote ...

"modervador" wrote

All more impressive because the car is a 4-stroke. I don't think any
4-stroke outboard gets much more than 120 hp from 2 liters.

The Yamaha 225hp Four-stroke is a 2.0 L engine...without a supercharger

and
without a turbocharger. That was the point of my original post.

The only production model I can think of is the Honda S2000. A normally
aspirated 1997 cc making 240hp at 8300 rpm.
-rick-

My 2003 Yamaha F225 is a 3.3 liter engine.

Whoops. My bad. The damn things are overpriced!

modervador

"NOYB" wrote in message link.net...
"modervador" wrote in message
om...

All more impressive because the car is a 4-stroke. I don't think any
4-stroke outboard gets much more than 120 hp from 2 liters.

The Yamaha 225hp Four-stroke is a 2.0 L engine...without a supercharger and
without a turbocharger. That was the point of my original post.

Check the specs again. The F225 is 3352 cc. That works out to 67
hp/liter, about 10% better than the ballpark figure I gave.

%mod%

NOYB

"modervador" wrote in message
m...
"NOYB" wrote in message

link.net...
"modervador" wrote in message
om...

All more impressive because the car is a 4-stroke. I don't think any
4-stroke outboard gets much more than 120 hp from 2 liters.

The Yamaha 225hp Four-stroke is a 2.0 L engine...without a supercharger

and
without a turbocharger. That was the point of my original post.

Check the specs again. The F225 is 3352 cc. That works out to 67
hp/liter, about 10% better than the ballpark figure I gave.

I know. I already caught my error ans said: "My bad".

Yamaha SX230? Larry Davick General 3 December 15th 03 04:25 PM
Yamaha 100hp pull start Tovey Family General 5 October 4th 03 09:26 PM
Yamaha Outboard Timing help Chris Selwyn-Smith General 4 September 20th 03 01:54 AM
Small Yamaha fresh water flush Don General 1 August 5th 03 07:04 PM