Billgran

Default Yamaha & Hondas lose value FAST

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Suzuki has been dumping its outboards in this country for years, yet it
still has negligible market share. It doesn't seem to be able to sign up
very many top-drawer outboard dealers. Dunno why.

--

From what I understand from the Bombardier folks, They sell more Suzuki's in
the US under the Johnson banner than the US Suzuki Division.

Suzuki does not make the Johnson 6 and 8hp 4-strokes. Those were originally
designed and made by OMC and now by Bombardier.

Bill Grannis
service manager

basskisser

"NOYB" wrote in message nk.net...
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...

But, I don't understand why you are asking ME
for data. Did I make any allegations?

Sure you did. You claimed Yamaha outboards are made in the US with union
labor. Guess what? They're not.

The manufacturing of the item is only one part of the process. I guess
you don't have a clue about that huh? There are other processes, such
as concept, feasibility studies, design, engineering, production,
distribution, sales, and on and on. Yamaha has SEVERAL distribution
points IN THE U.S. for their wares, and they use organized labor. Do
you dispute this?
basskisser

Charles wrote in message ...
Harry Krause wrote:

NOYB wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...

But, I don't understand why you are asking ME
for data. Did I make any allegations?

Sure you did. You claimed Yamaha outboards are made in the US with union
labor. Guess what? They're not.

No, he didn't. You've demonstrated you are a careless reader, prone to
jump to erroneous conclusions. This claim of yours is another example of
your inability to internalize what you read.

b'asskisser may not have directly said yamaha outboards are made in the
USA, but that certainly was the conclusion which he wanted the reader to
infer. His inference was completely wrong (no suprise there).

How do YOU know what I "wanted the reader to infer"? How do you
suppose Yamaha outboards are distributed in the U.S.? I'll tell
you...there are SEVERAL distribution centers in the U.S. for Yamaha
outboards, and the ensuing parts and peripherals. There are also
transportation facilities, etc. They use organized labor.
NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Yamaha has some plants in the United States, and most of these are
unionized. The company makes a variety of products here, notably some of
its musical instruments.

Great. Musical instruments. I see how that's relevent to a post in which
Christopher asked you about your outboard motor.

NOYB

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:50:49 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Sure they are. So to get the most bang for your buck, you sometimes have

take advantage of a company's "dumping" practices and buy their

undervalued
outboard...like you did with the Suzuki's. They're terrific engines and
would be priced closer to Merc and Yamaha if Suzuki wasn't trying to gain
market share via dumping.

Explain to me again how (1) outboards are overpriced and (2) Suzuki is
"dumping" them for what they ought to sell for anyway.....

My brother bought a Suzuki 140 for 3 grand less than a comparable Yamaha.
Is it possible that the Suzuki was $1500 below reasonable market value...and
the Yamaha was $1500 too expensive?

And *I'm* the "binary thinker"?

FishFan

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On 27 Jan 2004 17:07:02 -0800, (FishFan) wrote:

Here's some data - Last fall when J/E's road show stopped at my local
dealer I was quoted a price of $14,700 plus controls, prop and
installation and an 04 225 E-Tec/E-Rude. Meanwhile the Local Yamaha
dealer quoted me 15,800 on a 250 HPDI and 16,000 on a 225 4-Stroke.
This fall I got prices between 15K & 16K on the Yammy's, but I've been
watching the Boat Shopper ads for the E-Rude go from 13,900 in the
spring, thru 12,900, 12,500, and 11,995 in the summer and 10,500 in
the fall to $9995 a few weeks ago!!

As I've said here before, I know some folks that won't even think of
buying a used boat w/a late 90's early 00's Johnson or Evinrude, even
if its Carb'ed, and even more that won't touch a FICHT. You can argue
about whether thats fair, but fair or not a smaller buyer base measn a
harder sell and a lower price.

FishFan (proud owner of an 89 Johnson)

Don't be so high and proud.... less than a year ago I was proud owner
of twin 1986 Yamahas.... but there comes a time when one must make a
decision to keep or not.

Much of the logic in this thread is flawed, because nearly all
outboards are overpriced.

Yeah, I know I don't have much longer, that's why I've been shopping.
I bought the boat knowing a repower bill was looming, but as long as
it runs great (and it has KOW), I think I'll keep it another year. I
figure time is on my side - more info will be available on the
reliability of 4-strokes and HPDI Big Blocks, the prices seem to be
inching down, Suzuki launched a big 4-stroke, Merc and J/E are
selling (but not making) 225 4-strokes. Whe iItake the plunge I'll
post here w/ what I decided on, and why, along w/ what I paid.

FishFan
Charles

basskisser wrote:

How do YOU know what I "wanted the reader to infer"?

Because you wrote what you did in answer to several postings which
pointed out that krause had bought a outboard which was not made with
union labor. Yours was a flawed attempt to defend the rush limbaugh
wannabe of the left.

I'll tell you...there are SEVERAL distribution centers in the U.S. for
Yamaha outboards, and the ensuing parts and peripherals. There
are also transportation facilities, etc. They use organized labor.

Nice try lamer. That's not the subject. The subject was that krause in
his typical hypocrisy (supposedly) bought an outboard engine which was
not made with union labor.

Take the damn tin can off your head. http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame63.html

-- Charlie

Calif Bill

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

hlink.net...
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
K Smith wrote in message

Bob Marx wrote:
Why?
50% on the 225 I was going to buy At only 3 yrs old?

If you think Honda & Yamaha are bad for depreciation you should see
what a used Ficht or optimax is worth, assuming anyone will buy them

at
all:-)

Have any real data to back your wild allegations up, or just spewing
crap out of your blow hole, as usual?

You got any data?

There's tons of data out there. Can I suggest JD Powers owner
satisfaction surveys? But, I don't understand why you are asking ME
for data. Did I make any allegations?

I realize your comprehension abilities lack. If you demand data to support
their hypothesis, then you can be held to the same standard. J.D. Powers
owner satisfaction survey is loads different than the selling price of a
unit that is perceived to be unreliable and from a company that is out of
business.

Calif Bill

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

[...]

What does a Suzuki sell for in Japan? If it sells for about the same price
there as here, is not dumping. Dumping is selling in the US for less than
your local foreign price to gain market share.

NOYB

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:49:11 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

No, you just aren't thinking. Anybody that thinks $21,000 for a gear
case and a six cylinder engine makes sense needs help.

Anybody that doesn't understand the principal of economies of scale needs
help.

You can buy a whole car for what they want for just an engine. That
is overpriced.

Are you familiar with Economies of Scale?
If you add together the total number of outboard motors sold *WORLDWIDE*
each year by all of the manufacturers, you end up with a number near
800,000. Compare that to the number of automobiles sold worldwide in any
given year. Hell, BMW sells more than 800,000 cars all by themselves.

My dental software costs almost $20,000. Windows XP costs one-hundredth of
that. Why? Because Microsoft sells tens of millions of copies of their
software...and Eaglesoft (dental) sells only about 20,000 copies. However,
the manpower (ie--cost of development) that went into Windows is probably
1000 times (or 10,000 times) greater than the manpower that went into
Eaglesoft. By your logic, Eaglesoft should cost one-thousandth what Windows
XP costs.

Yamaha SX230? Larry Davick General 3 December 15th 03 04:25 PM
Yamaha 100hp pull start Tovey Family General 5 October 4th 03 09:26 PM
Yamaha Outboard Timing help Chris Selwyn-Smith General 4 September 20th 03 01:54 AM
Small Yamaha fresh water flush Don General 1 August 5th 03 07:04 PM