Bert Robbins

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
mgg wrote:
Just last month in Quebec, Wal-Mart said it was closing a store after
the

workers unionized. What a piece of **** company. They should be run out
of
the country on a rail.

Man, I hate to fuel OT crap like this, but AFAIC, it's the friggin unions
that should close shop and hit the road. There may have been a need for
them a half century ago, but federal and state regs now do what the
unions first did. Now all they serve to do is to line the pockets of the
union "leaders," drive up prices, and protect the s**ty worker.

I've worked both sides of that fence...

--Mike

Yeah, workers should depend on multinational corporations and the Bush
administration to look out for their interests. Right.

You should look out for your own best interests. The corporations are
looking out for the stockholders best interests.

P. Fritz

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
John H wrote:
Gee, you would have thought the Textile and Clothing Workers

Industrial
Union
would have saved all those jobs. You reckon the union had anything to

do
with
the outsourcing of all that work?

I dooubt it strongly, since few textile plants in the South were

unionized
right up to the end.

I wonder which is better, taking a reduction in pay to $27 an hour
(fictitious
number) or a reduction to $0 per hour.

You're really full of ****. Do you think the average mill worker ever

got
anywhere near $27 per hour? What do you think they *did* get, if you

have
to pull fictitious numbers out of thin air?

Do you think that American laborers should compete on an "even playing
field" ie no pollution laws, no workplace safety laws, and $1/day wages
such as prevalent in the 3rd world? The only way to compete is through
technology... and intelligent management... both of which require the
application of a little political willpower...

Are you for or against the Kyoto Protocols?

The liebrals still don't get it.......in any labor intensive industry
where local does not matter (unlike building construction) the work is
naturally going to shift to locales with a cheaper labor force, regardless
of technology or management. If they don't, someone else will.......it is
simple economics.

DSK

John H wrote:
*I* expect to be taken seriously? Where the hell did that come from?

Do you not expect to be taken seriously?

OK then, I'll consider you just another retardo clown cheering
brainlessly for Bush & Cheney.

Yesterday France passed the 10% unemployment mark. Ours is what, 5.6%?

How is that relevant? Is France part of the non-unionized South?

Do some reading about the French and German economies, where your heros Chirac
and Shroeder reign supreme, and *then* come back and whine about Bush!

Who said that Chirac & Schroeder were any heroes of mine? Let's have a
bit less straw man and a bit more answering up.

Is the best thing you can say about Bush that he's not as bad as the French?

DSK

Don White

"aptim" wrote in message
Just remember there is someone out there that will due your job for
less. I work for a major airline that has a union and we were forced to
give back allot. 17.5% in pay, one weeks vacation, 5 holidays at (2.5

times
straight time), lost 5 sick days, overtime after 4 hours was double time,
now time and a half. Add it all up we lost about 20%. That's not

including
that medical is going thought the roof. And our union did little to stop
it. The next thing the company will go for is our pension. So if a large
company can do this to its employees that have a union, just think what

will
happen if you don't have union. If a few large companies start taking

back
benefits and get away with it other companies will follow. Unions are
needed now more then ever.

Tim

The yahoos in here always like to bring up a worst case senario.where a
janitor makes $ 29.00 per hour because of a union.
I don't know if this is a reality, or myth. If it is a reality, I say
critize the idiot managers who agreed to this high salary.
The majority of unions up here have to scratch and claw just to make sure
they don't fall too far below inflation. A couple of years ago our average
'industrial wage was $ 42K CDN..that's about $31K US.

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:22:13 -0500, "JimH" wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

That is my point Tom. So when I ask if it is fair that all teachers,
regardless of skill or commitment to their work get the same pay increase I
hope you understand where I am coming from.

To tell the truth, no I don't because we are still talking apples and
oranges.

Hey, that's fine - makes the world go 'round, eh what? :)

Later,

Tom

Dr. Jonathan Smithers, MD Phd.

John,
It looks like Harry is completely infatuated with you, you can not make a
post without him responding. Without even trying, you get Harry to bite on
each of your posts.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
John H wrote:

One needs only to look at France and Germany to see what the unions can
do to an
economy, even when the countries are run by such noble characters as
Chirac and
Shroeder.

Germany has 10,5% unemployment and France just hit the 10% mark.

John H

One only has to look at your posts to realize that you are about as
totally clueless as a person can be.

Does Fairfax County still let you substitute babysit?

John H

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:43:33 -0500, DSK wrote:

John H wrote:
*I* expect to be taken seriously? Where the hell did that come from?

Do you not expect to be taken seriously?

OK then, I'll consider you just another retardo clown cheering
brainlessly for Bush & Cheney.

Yesterday France passed the 10% unemployment mark. Ours is what, 5.6%?

How is that relevant? Is France part of the non-unionized South?

Do some reading about the French and German economies, where your heros Chirac
and Shroeder reign supreme, and *then* come back and whine about Bush!

Who said that Chirac & Schroeder were any heroes of mine? Let's have a
bit less straw man and a bit more answering up.

Is the best thing you can say about Bush that he's not as bad as the French?

DSK

Can you show me a leader who has done *more*?

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
John H

John H wrote:

One needs only to look at France and Germany to see what the unions can
do to an
economy, even when the countries are run by such noble characters as
Chirac and
Shroeder.

Germany has 10,5% unemployment and France just hit the 10% mark.

John H

One only has to look at your posts to realize that you are about as
totally clueless as a person can be.

Does Fairfax County still let you substitute babysit?

I'm biting my tongue. Luckily I *get* to read only his posts that someone
responds to. If he is posting at his usual rate, he must not be getting many
another interest, like collecting boats or something.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
DSK

John H wrote:
Can you show me a leader who has done *more*?

Easily... any U.S. President, including George Bush Sr. has done more...
OK maybe not William Henry Harrison...

President Bush has taken more vacations than any other three Presidents
put together. He's accomplished less in office than any. What little he
has accomplished has been done by either bypassing Congress, which is
conrolled by his same party, or outright lying (such as the Iraq invasion).

Now, do this sudden change of topic mean that you're conceding the point
that unions couldn't have had much influence on the plant closings
throughout the South? Maybe you're willing to agree that the Bush
economy sucks, especially for working class people?

But maybe you'd prefer to back out of any serious discussion, and be
just another brain-dead Bush-Cheney cheerleader.

DSK

John H

John H wrote:
Can you show me a leader who has done *more*?

Easily... any U.S. President, including George Bush Sr. has done more...
OK maybe not William Henry Harrison...

President Bush has taken more vacations than any other three Presidents
put together. He's accomplished less in office than any. What little he
has accomplished has been done by either bypassing Congress, which is
conrolled by his same party, or outright lying (such as the Iraq invasion).

Now, do this sudden change of topic mean that you're conceding the point
that unions couldn't have had much influence on the plant closings
throughout the South? Maybe you're willing to agree that the Bush
economy sucks, especially for working class people?

But maybe you'd prefer to back out of any serious discussion, and be
just another brain-dead Bush-Cheney cheerleader.

DSK

You are, of course, referring to 'past' leaders. I'm not.

I will agree that the Chirac and Shroeder economies suck, but not ours.

I believe my last response to you, after your personal attack (Krause-like) was:

And you actually blame said closures on Bush? And North Carolina was even one of
those damn red states! So all those people lost their jobs because of Bush, and
all those people voted for that demon.

Damn, no wonder they lost their jobs.

OT--Oh, the irony! NOYB General 0 July 17th 04 08:46 AM
Yamaha unions - basskisser, where are you? John H General 94 February 25th 04 05:12 PM
Boat Loans Tailgunner General 7 August 16th 03 03:51 PM