Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Spring fever...

It is such a nice day, I decided to open up the Ranger and check
things out - you know - just look around the boat, make sure things
are ok - you know, get ready for March 1st when the cover comes off
and the bottom is painted and stuff? :)

Good damn thing I did - the starting battery had a bulge in the side
and looked like it was about to fail. Pulled that sucker out in a
hurry. I've got the trolling motor batteries on slow charge right
now.

Can't figure out what happened to the starting battery - it was
disconnected and was fully charged before I put it away for the
winter. Never seen that happen before.

Oh well, another 45 days until launch day.

I hope.

Later,

Tom
Tom

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 16:20:44 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

It is such a nice day, I decided to open up the Ranger and check
things out - you know - just look around the boat, make sure things
are ok - you know, get ready for March 1st when the cover comes off
and the bottom is painted and stuff? :)

Good damn thing I did - the starting battery had a bulge in the side
and looked like it was about to fail. Pulled that sucker out in a
hurry. I've got the trolling motor batteries on slow charge right
now.

Can't figure out what happened to the starting battery - it was
disconnected and was fully charged before I put it away for the
winter. Never seen that happen before.

Oh well, another 45 days until launch day.

Good timing - glad you caught it. The only time that's ever happened
to me was due to overcharging. Glad you're getting a break in the
weather. My new boat was supposed to be ready this past week but
(surprise!!) they're running late. Just as well - it's only in the
'60's this weekend - hopefully will be warmer next weekend. Take care.
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 12:55:49 -0500, Mike G
wrote:

In article ,
says...
It is such a nice day, I decided to open up the Ranger and check
things out - you know - just look around the boat, make sure things
are ok - you know, get ready for March 1st when the cover comes off
and the bottom is painted and stuff? :)

Good damn thing I did - the starting battery had a bulge in the side
and looked like it was about to fail. Pulled that sucker out in a
hurry. I've got the trolling motor batteries on slow charge right
now.

Can't figure out what happened to the starting battery - it was
disconnected and was fully charged before I put it away for the
winter. Never seen that happen before.

Oh well, another 45 days until launch day.

I hope.

IF it is an older battery and one of the cells shorted out from the crud
that drops to the bottom of a battery you'll get a dead cell which will,
if you live where it gets below freezing, freeze and bulge a case.

It's a possibility

I just got back in from the garage - two of the cells were dry and I
figured out why the battery was dead - somehow the ignition was turned
on.

Whoopsie! :)

~~ oh well ~~

Later,

Tom

Tom wrote:

I just got back in from the garage - two of the cells were dry and I
figured out why the battery was dead - somehow the ignition was turned
on.

Whoopsie! :)

~~ oh well ~~

Later,

Tom

********************

Hope you didn't have an hour meter wired to the ignition. We've all
heard the horror stories about snowbirds who come back north to find
3000 "hours" on a brand new boat. :-)

Don White

Oh well, another 45 days until launch day.

45 days??? It'll be at least double that for me. Probably somewhere around
the 'Victoria Day' long weekend late May.

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 19:44:10 GMT, "Don White"

Oh well, another 45 days until launch day.

45 days??? It'll be at least double that for me. Probably somewhere around
the 'Victoria Day' long weekend late May.

Middle of March if the ice cooperates maybe even sooner.

Whoo Hoo!!

Later,

Tom
Wayne.B

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 20:07:17 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Middle of March if the ice cooperates maybe even sooner.

Ice is for drinks. You're living too far north.

K. Smith

wrote:

Middle of March if the ice cooperates maybe even sooner.

Ice is for drinks. You're living too far north.

Sorry Tom confused it's "disconnected" & the ignition was on for
what??? 6-8 wks???

Regardless Tom is anyone going to mention that if the ignition has
"really" been on long enough to fry the battery, what are the
implications, if any at all, for the motors' systems????

Anyway maybe someone will address it???

So the Krause lie of the day??? Here ya go:-)

So just getting back to the Hatt 43 lie:-) What happened was at
least 2 of the NG people lived near where he "claimed" he did & said
they'd settle if he owned a Hatt 43 or not by simply calling around &
taking a look:-) After all his usual abuse & fained "privacy" concerns
it was starting to look like his lying hide was about to be hung out to
dry:-)

This would be more than his ego could even contemplate, so in his
desperation not to be caught red handed (again:-)) he then lied again;
which despite it being totally unbelievable it allowed his damaged mind
to think he was still the big man his lies had created:-)

Doubt save to organise employment wrecking union strokes he's never
even been to Florida but he desperately needed to get away from the lie
mansion & the lie Hatt 43:-)

We had the Hatteras for two years. Last year, out of the cold clear,

a broker approached me with an offer to buy. Our continued Florida
lifestyle was somewhat up in the air, because the two breadwinners
hereabouts were about to be offered long-term but temporary assignments
they could not refuse in the Washington, D.C., area. So, after being
romanced a little, we sold the Hatt for almost precisely what we paid

for it. Not bad, after two full years of use. And I mean full years. So,
we didn't "make" any money off the Hatt, but we didn't lose any, either.
The proceeds were prudently invested.