NOYB

wrote in message
oups.com...
From what I read, the "opposition to Rice" is pretty inconsequential,

and is "spearheaded" by
Barbara Boxer and John Kerry. Any opposition is strictly ceremonial,
and because some lowlife rightwingers with bad intentions might decide
to play the race card in reverse, ("They couldn't possibly be opposed
to Rice on philosophical or politcal grounds, its only because she's a
woman and/or she's black....."),

How is it "the race card in reverse"? Is Rice not black?

Regardless of what you may have heard to the contrary, Byrd is definitely
one of the Democratic Senators who is spearheading the opposition. Given
his history as a member in the KKK, one must consider racism as part of his
motivation.

Jack Goff

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

wrote in message
oups.com...
From what I read, the "opposition to Rice" is pretty inconsequential,

and is "spearheaded" by
Barbara Boxer and John Kerry. Any opposition is strictly ceremonial,
and because some lowlife rightwingers with bad intentions might decide
to play the race card in reverse, ("They couldn't possibly be opposed
to Rice on philosophical or politcal grounds, its only because she's a
woman and/or she's black....."),

How is it "the race card in reverse"? Is Rice not black?

Because it's normally the low-life libs that play the race card. And play
it, and play it....

Tamaroak

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Capt. jeff
NOYB

"Jack Goff" wrote in message
. com...

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

wrote in message
oups.com...
From what I read, the "opposition to Rice" is pretty inconsequential,
and is "spearheaded" by
Barbara Boxer and John Kerry. Any opposition is strictly ceremonial,
and because some lowlife rightwingers with bad intentions might decide
to play the race card in reverse, ("They couldn't possibly be opposed
to Rice on philosophical or politcal grounds, its only because she's a
woman and/or she's black....."),

How is it "the race card in reverse"? Is Rice not black?

Because it's normally the low-life libs that play the race card.

I wanted Gould to admit that.

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
"The Klan is needed today as never before.

I should rather die a thousand times and see old glory trampled in the
dirt never to rise again than see this beloved land of ours become
degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen of the
wilds."

Was this the rallying cry at the meeting you attended?

I was doing undercover research. Byrd was the Grand Kleagle.

NOYB wrote:

How is it "the race card in reverse"? Is Rice not black?

Regardless of what you may have heard to the contrary, Byrd is
definitely
one of the Democratic Senators who is spearheading the opposition.
Given
his history as a member in the KKK, one must consider racism as part of
his
motivation.

**************

And that Byrd quote is several years old, and had nothing specifically
to do with Condi Rice's nomination. *You* dredged it up, and tossed it
out as though it were an accurate reflection of somebody's personal
feelings about Rice's qualifications to be SOS.

You don't get it. It's possible to oppose a black person without
oppposing that person *because* they're black. It takes a fairly
colorblind person to realize this.

Jack Goff wrote:

Because it's normally the low-life libs that play the race card. And
play
it, and play it....

At least Jack recognizes that somebody yelling, "They only oppose Rice
because she's a black woman" is playing the race card. As far as his
opinion that some other group does it more or less often,,,,,,,that's
not relevant to our examination of whether or not NOYB has done it here.

NOYB wrote:

I was doing undercover research. Byrd was the Grand Kleagle.

*********************

Bull****. Byrd made that statement about the Klan being needed more
than ever before in a letter he wrote in 1946. You weren't even born
then. Maybe your parents weren't even born then.
We know for a fact Condi Rice wasn't born then. How ridiculous to
state, or even imply, that his opinion of 59 years ago is driving his
actions today. How false to state or imply that such a statement
reflects his feelings toward a specific individual.

As I said, it's the race card in reverse.

What's the dumbest, most shameful thing you ever said? Here's hoping it
hounds you for 60 years.

NOYB

wrote in message
oups.com...
NOYB wrote:

I was doing undercover research. Byrd was the Grand Kleagle.

*********************

Bull****. Byrd made that statement about the Klan being needed more
than ever before in a letter he wrote in 1946. You weren't even born
then. Maybe your parents weren't even born then.

I wasn't born when the Nazis were murdering Jews either. So what's your
point? Transgressions don't count unless they happened in the last 33
years?

We know for a fact Condi Rice wasn't born then. How ridiculous to
state, or even imply, that his opinion of 59 years ago is driving his
actions today. How false to state or imply that such a statement
reflects his feelings toward a specific individual.

Leopards don't change their spots, Chuck. If the guy let the N-word
accidently slip 59 years ago, that'd be one thing. But he was a leader in
one of the most hateful of the hate groups in our nation's history. How
many peoples' blood is on Byrd's hands thanks to the hateful talk coming
from their Grand Kleagle?

Here's an apt analogy: Has anybody forgiven the Nazis who went into hiding
after WWII? Nope. Then why are Klan members (particularly Klan *leaders*)
absolved of *their* sins?

It's a ****ed up political party that openly accepts former KKK leaders into
their ranks.

As I said, it's the race card in reverse.

I know that you said it. You just haven't demonstrated how it's "the race
card in reverse". Rice is black. Byrd was a leader in the KKK when he
called black people mongrels. Just becaue he hasn't donned a hood in 40
years, doesn't mean he no longer harbors those feelings.

BTW--how many years ago did Byrd publicly use the word "******" again? I'm
pretty sure that it was in the last decade or so.

What's the dumbest, most shameful thing you ever said?

I think that I once called you intelligent. So you're right...I'm
embarassed.