NOYB

wrote in message
oups.com...
NOYB wrote:

I was doing undercover research. Byrd was the Grand Kleagle.

*********************

Bull****. Byrd made that statement about the Klan being needed more
than ever before in a letter he wrote in 1946. You weren't even born
then. Maybe your parents weren't even born then.

I wasn't born when the Nazis were murdering Jews either. So what's your
point? Transgressions don't count unless they happened in the last 33
years?

We know for a fact Condi Rice wasn't born then. How ridiculous to
state, or even imply, that his opinion of 59 years ago is driving his
actions today. How false to state or imply that such a statement
reflects his feelings toward a specific individual.

Leopards don't change their spots, Chuck. If the guy let the N-word
accidently slip 59 years ago, that'd be one thing. But he was a leader in
one of the most hateful of the hate groups in our nation's history. How
many peoples' blood is on Byrd's hands thanks to the hateful talk coming
from their Grand Kleagle?

Here's an apt analogy: Has anybody forgiven the Nazis who went into hiding
after WWII? Nope. Then why are Klan members (particularly Klan *leaders*)
absolved of *their* sins?

It's a ****ed up political party that openly accepts former KKK leaders into
their ranks.

As I said, it's the race card in reverse.

I know that you said it. You just haven't demonstrated how it's "the race
card in reverse". Rice is black. Byrd was a leader in the KKK when he
called black people mongrels. Just becaue he hasn't donned a hood in 40
years, doesn't mean he no longer harbors those feelings.

BTW--how many years ago did Byrd publicly use the word "******" again? I'm
pretty sure that it was in the last decade or so.

What's the dumbest, most shameful thing you ever said?

I think that I once called you intelligent. So you're right...I'm
embarassed.