Jim Carter

Default Waxing Question

"John H" wrote in message
Yup, me too. I like that McGuires stuff. That and a Sears 10" buffer
and you're in business.

John H

I am another user of Meguiars wax. This stuff is the best, in my opinion.
I purchased it from my local Marine store, but it is available at most of
the large hardware stores. There are different types of the Meguiars,
depending on how dull the finish is and how dirty it is. Your marine
professional will let you know which type to use for your boat or, just read
the directions on the label.

Jim Carter
"The Boat"
Bayfield.

Lawrence James

Agreed, Meguiars is excellent.

"John H" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 22:56:58 GMT, WaIIy
wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:38:30 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 04:46:52 -0600, "Steve"
wrote:

Is there a way to protect rough, non-skid areas of fiberglass decks

from
oxidation and UV? I'm assuming that these areas can't be waxed in the

same
way that smooth fiberglass/gelcoat can, or am I wrong?

Thanks for any responses,

Steve H.

Steve, I wax mine just like the rest of the boat. The surface wax
probably comes right off, but in the depressions I think the wax
helps. At least it makes cleaning the deck much easier.

John H

I use McGuires(sp) fiberglas polish and it brightens things up without
making it slippery.

Yup, me too. I like that McGuires stuff. That and a Sears 10" buffer
and you're in business.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!