Lawrence James

Default Waxing Question

Agreed, Meguiars is excellent.

"John H" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 22:56:58 GMT, WaIIy
wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:38:30 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 04:46:52 -0600, "Steve"
wrote:

Is there a way to protect rough, non-skid areas of fiberglass decks

from
oxidation and UV? I'm assuming that these areas can't be waxed in the

same
way that smooth fiberglass/gelcoat can, or am I wrong?

Thanks for any responses,

Steve H.

Steve, I wax mine just like the rest of the boat. The surface wax
probably comes right off, but in the depressions I think the wax
helps. At least it makes cleaning the deck much easier.

John H

I use McGuires(sp) fiberglas polish and it brightens things up without
making it slippery.

Yup, me too. I like that McGuires stuff. That and a Sears 10" buffer
and you're in business.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!