user

Default For Auction: New Items, Custom Made Boat Lettering

In all honesty, people were hitting my auctions in the 15-20 range
before I started posting. After I started posting, it has been in to
50-60 range, so nearly 4 times as many people look, this has proven true
in every case, so here's a suggestion, you don't like me, put me in your
kill file... I'm gone.
As for people who buy, it is hard to say, I do have more sales. It is
off season and I have raised my prices.
In season, locally, I get as much as twice what I get on eBay plus make
money on the actual installs.
I'm just trying to make an honest living. I can't help you improve
your penis, lose weight and I don't have any money stolen by freedom
fighters from the Nigerian Oil Ministry for you to "hide" in your bank
account for me.
I'm just making a few dollars, and I mean a few, cutting vinyl decals
trying to keep up with my 30% property tax increase.
If it really bothers you or anyone else, I am so sorry that something
so trivial bothers you. I wish my life were so uncomplicated.

Gould 0738 wrote:

Tell me where in the FAQ for this newsgroup that it says one can not
post things of a commercial nature? Honestly, I don't think eBay cares
what I do in a newsgroup, it is beyond their control or concern, so if
it makes ya feel better...

Well there's a progressive attitude for ya.

How many orders have you got so far from the 35 or 40 people who *might* read
this group on a regular basis (About 1/3 of them don't own boats)?

user

That's OK, I prefer not to do work that will take the money out of the
pockets of someone else trying to make a dollar and allows you feel so
sanctimonious.

DownTime wrote:

actually i need some lettering for the new boat, but it ain't gonna be from
you! i choose to spend my money with hometown business people.

"user" wrote in message

Hello Boaters!
Need a registration number? Name or hailport for your transom? Something
for the side? Even a snappy "for sale" sign...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=24 52792772

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=2452793 123

If you need something special, let us know!
Hope you all have a safe, healthy and prosperous New Year!

Thanks for looking!

Clams Canino

DAMN!!!

"user" wrote in message
news

I'm just trying to make an honest living. I can't help you improve
your penis,

Clams Canino

A bit more creative name than "user" might go a long way to making you
"real" as opposed to an "unnamed spammer".

Just post and append a link in your sig file.......

-W

news

Gould 0738 wrote:

Tell me where in the FAQ for this newsgroup that it says one can not
post things of a commercial nature? Honestly, I don't think eBay cares
what I do in a newsgroup, it is beyond their control or concern, so if
it makes ya feel better...

Well there's a progressive attitude for ya.

How many orders have you got so far from the 35 or 40 people who *might*

read
this group on a regular basis (About 1/3 of them don't own boats)?

Gary Warner

"user" wrote in message
Tell me where in the FAQ for this newsgroup that it says one can not
post things of a commercial nature? Honestly, I don't think eBay cares
what I do in a newsgroup, it is beyond their control or concern, so if
it makes ya feel better...

Nice customer oriented business attitude you have there User.

An informational note for a product of interest once in a while
isn't all bad, but continuous spamming and a "who cares" attidude -
don't think you'll be getting much business from here. Oh, and
EBay does care where you spam. Won't be able to sell much
without your Ebay account.

user

Glad to see the double standard is in full effect! When the value of my
decals meets the value of you Whaler, then I guess it is time to stop.
At the rate I'm going, that should be another 2-3 years.
I encourage you to put me in your kill file and then to just get a grip!

basskisser wrote:

"Calif Bill" wrote in message thlink.net...

IT is not a marketplace newsgroup! And you better read Ebays TOC's on
spamming newsgroups. Not beyond their control. They can kill your account
at Ebay, and most ISP's also have rules.

I agree that this is NOT a marketplace newsgroup, but didn't you, just
recently post a boat for sale? Do you forget:

FS Boston Whaler SF area
One of the local guys is selling the boat of a friend for the widow.
13'
Commercial Boston whaler. Ready to fish / dive
http://coastside.juicyweb.com/phpcla...php?siteid=501

Calif Bill

Well dip****, I figured you might want a boat. Not my boat, just passing on
a good deal. I am not in the boat selling business, but do have a 14'
aluminum boat for sale. I also do not repost the friggin advert every week
or so.
Bill

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

thlink.net...
IT is not a marketplace newsgroup! And you better read Ebays TOC's on
spamming newsgroups. Not beyond their control. They can kill your

account
at Ebay, and most ISP's also have rules.

I agree that this is NOT a marketplace newsgroup, but didn't you, just
recently post a boat for sale? Do you forget:

FS Boston Whaler SF area
One of the local guys is selling the boat of a friend for the widow.
13'
Commercial Boston whaler. Ready to fish / dive
http://coastside.juicyweb.com/phpcla...php?siteid=501

Calif Bill

Go to your local Sign-A-Rama and they will let you look at the colors and
sell you the numbers or name you want. About $50, keeps the local business
in business, paying local taxes. You can use any local sign shop, I just
used sign-a-rama for my boat as they were recommended by another happy boat
owner.
Bill

basskisser wrote:

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

thlink.net...

IT is not a marketplace newsgroup! And you better read Ebays TOC's on
spamming newsgroups. Not beyond their control. They can kill your

account
at Ebay, and most ISP's also have rules.

I agree that this is NOT a marketplace newsgroup, but didn't you, just
recently post a boat for sale? Do you forget:

FS Boston Whaler SF area
One of the local guys is selling the boat of a friend for the widow.
13'
Commercial Boston whaler. Ready to fish / dive
http://coastside.juicyweb.com/phpcla...php?siteid=501

F330 GT

Hello Boaters!
Need a registration number? Name or hailport for your transom? Something
for the side? Even a snappy "for sale" sign...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=1&category=26

451&item=2452792772

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tegory=26451&i

tem=2452793123

If you need something special, let us know!
Hope you all have a safe, healthy and prosperous New Year!

Thanks for looking!

Well, it's not just this newsgroup. I've seen the same ad on others. Seems like
any group that can use a decal gets the spam.

And it always seems to reappear about once a week. Getting a little tiresome.

Barry