Billgran

"Radman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for you help, it is a GM 3.8L V6....

Radman

Glad to be of service,

Another way to look at your 3.8L is that it is a 305 Chevy with 2 center
cylinders removed. The 4.3L is a 350 with 2 removed.

Bill Grannis
service manager

Radman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all, I have a 1985 19ft Renkin Boat with the OMC 3.8L v6
engineand outdrive. I am trying to find out who manufactures the
engine. IE:Chevrolet or Oldsmobile? I need to buy cap and rotor, plugs,
plug wires and freeze plugs and I can't do this until I figure out
whomanufactured the engine. I been looking a lot on the Deja groups
andfound a few topics, I am thinking that it was made by Chevrolet/GMC
butjust want to be sure. Any help you guys can provide me would
begreatlly appriciated. Also would be helpful to figure out which
outdrive I have as well.

Thanks, Radman....

OMC only used the Buick V6 for a few years back in the late 60's.

Your 3.8L is Chevy, and the forerunner of the famous 4.3L.

Bill Grannis
service manager

Jeff Falkiner

"Billgran" wrote in message
om...

Glad to be of service,

Another way to look at your 3.8L is that it is a 305 Chevy with 2 center
cylinders removed. The 4.3L is a 350 with 2 removed.

Bill Grannis
service manager

So much so that my 1977 Buick Skylark with the '231 V6' (3.8L) had a
distributor cap with 8 connectors, two of which were blanked out. Had to
turn it over to see how they did that. Typical GM goofball engineering!

Jeff

trainfan1

Jeff Falkiner wrote:
"Billgran" wrote in message
om...

Glad to be of service,

Another way to look at your 3.8L is that it is a 305 Chevy with 2 center
cylinders removed. The 4.3L is a 350 with 2 removed.

Bill Grannis
service manager

So much so that my 1977 Buick Skylark with the '231 V6' (3.8L) had a
distributor cap with 8 connectors, two of which were blanked out. Had to
turn it over to see how they did that. Typical GM goofball engineering!

Jeff

But that was when it was an odd-firing engine, before going to an offset
crank design(cripes - I guess I do remember a few GM gems from school).

Rob

power vs sail O:P\) Cruising 36 March 18th 04 03:27 AM
Fuel transfer/polishing pump Doug Dotson Cruising 408 February 3rd 04 12:58 AM
Evinrude FICHT beats out Yamaha in JD Powers survey Billgran General 60 November 4th 03 03:02 PM
Engine News from Genmar Gould 0738 General 8 October 27th 03 05:47 PM
Usage of motoroil Steven Shelikoff General 153 September 17th 03 12:55 PM