None

Default Head discharge by foreign vessels in ICW?

What is the current state of enforcement in the ICW of foreign vessels
making passage? I have an older sailboat and don;t want to go through the
expense of fitting a holding tank for a transit to the Caribbean via the ICW
from Canada if enforcement is weak.
BTW, if anybody is offended by this just think about the Carrier Coralsea
dumping over 1million gallons of #$*% in Halifax harbour when it last
visited. NICE. anybody for a swim? I am embarrassed by our lax policy on
sewage.
Canadian.

s/v Marrakesh

I am embarrassed by our lax policy on sewage.

Then why be a hypocrite and violate it yourself?

US law dictates that you have a holding tank and that your through-hulls are
secured with a lock. If you are boarded by the US Coast Guard, you will be
fined and your vessel may be seized. Even US Customs Agents are aware of
this law and may seize your vessel until the USCG can board you.

I am dismayed that (especially in this post 9-11 world) someone would enter
our country with the willfull intent to violate our laws, and have the balls
to ask for advice on how to do it... thanks neighbor.

Save yourself a fine and an unhappy flight home: either install a holding
tank, or lock your through-hull and buy a porta-potty for $100. There are
pump out stations all over the East coast so there's no excuse to violate
the law.

Either that, or be a -real- sailor and go offshore, well beyond US
Territorial waters, if you find our laws so distasteful.

s/v Marrakesh

I've delivered several boats from our neighbor country to the North. If you
enter our country legally (and I'm sure there are those that don't) you will
be boarded by US Customs for sure, and probably by the USCG as well. This
is not a "compliance" or "courtesy safety" check, this is a foreign vessel
and crew entering the US. Perhaps a bit higher level of scrutiny than you
might experience as a US flagged vessel in US waters. And yes, in this
"post 9-11" world foreign flagged vessels are receiving a -much- higher
level of scrutiny than in years past.

Not to say that it would be impossible to sneak across our country without a
legal head, but why would any responsible yachtsman want to? If you can
afford a boat and the time to sail it over a thousand miles across a foreign
country, how the heck can you -not- afford a holding tank? Give me a break.

Let's just hope he doesn't anchor upwind of anyone we like... ;-)

Gema

but if you want to sail for real ,**** the legal advise and go for it ,and
when they ask for holding tank show them your ass.
and tell them to **** off and give us back the earth they destroyed to
become richer ,fater,and much more "caring" for their own stuff.I say go and
**** on their sea all you can ,and as for responsibility ,let them say
anything they want ,you know you are cruising the atlantic ,they are just
working in the capitalist system that produces slaves to the rich.so be
it,but you dont have to listen to them.just stay away from the US waters and
you can do it man.stay away from these poluting *******s and you will be OK.
Or come to europe where we are not as pretentious ,as liying stupid assholes
as some seem to be on the other sife of this world.
anyway you would want to get away from a country that looks like a police
state ,more than any dictatorship in this planet.
And noone has killed more humans than the peacefull US army ,who likes (well
those who join armies must have something wrong with them ,no man can be
normal and like to kill ....)to prevent wars by eliminating the potential
enemies.......well all who are not american that means ......
anyway i just got fed up with american **** dictating to us what they need
to start doing .
teach your own goverment responsibility first

world citizen

Magic Head Stephen Trapani Cruising 21 July 16th 04 01:35 AM
replace head on a mercruiser 350 engine Han General 5 June 18th 04 02:59 AM
Asatru resources Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 03:31 PM
Ellen MacArthur, Tthe Reluctant Heroine Gerard Weatherby ASA 97 August 8th 03 01:03 AM