s/v Marrakesh

I've delivered several boats from our neighbor country to the North. If you
enter our country legally (and I'm sure there are those that don't) you will
be boarded by US Customs for sure, and probably by the USCG as well. This
is not a "compliance" or "courtesy safety" check, this is a foreign vessel
and crew entering the US. Perhaps a bit higher level of scrutiny than you
might experience as a US flagged vessel in US waters. And yes, in this
"post 9-11" world foreign flagged vessels are receiving a -much- higher
level of scrutiny than in years past.

Not to say that it would be impossible to sneak across our country without a
legal head, but why would any responsible yachtsman want to? If you can
afford a boat and the time to sail it over a thousand miles across a foreign
country, how the heck can you -not- afford a holding tank? Give me a break.

Let's just hope he doesn't anchor upwind of anyone we like... ;-)