Gould 0738

Default A nice quality control touch

I spent much of yesterday learning about Grand Banks Eastbay express cruisers.

There are several configurations, all with different appendages to the model
name.
The one most likely to sell well in the Pacific Northwest with be the SX (sedan
express) model featuring a bulkhead between the cockpit and the salon.

The boat performed well on a trial run.

Due to a number of people expressing a profound unhappiness with my posting
opinions and observations about various boats in the NG, I'll not stir up the
hornets again with a full description of the boat and its handling
characteristics or amenities. Perhaps I can sneak under the radar with a tiny
observation, however.

There are obviously not a lot of screws exposed on finished surfaces on a boat
of this caliber. In certain locations, such as the teak instrument console
above the
front cabin windows, exposed screws are appropriate because the buyer of the
boat will be removing those panels to install clocks, barometers, electronics,
and other accessories.

Not only are the screws installed in an arrow straight line and absolutley
evenly spaced, when the screws are installed they are turned to a point where
the slots
are identically positioned. Phillips screws, for example, will have one slot
perfectly parallel and the other perpendicular to the edge of the panel.

Lining the screws up uniformly does not, in and of itself, make a boat better
or worse than another, but the fact that the builder has the capacity to even
contemplate that such a detail *could* be noticed is encouraging. :-)

BB

I think that's called Pride in Workmanship.
Something that is getting increasingly rare.

You're right, it doesn't have anything to do with how well the craft
performs,
but adds to the overall satisfaction of ownership in a well made product .

Bill

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

JimL

Sorry to hear you feel this way. This *IS* a boating newsgroup.
Were the folks complaining also the ones who can only post OT
politics here?

-Jim

Gould 0738 wrote:
removed
Due to a number of people expressing a profound unhappiness with my posting
opinions and observations about various boats in the NG, I'll not stir up the
hornets again with a full description of the boat and its handling
characteristics or amenities. Perhaps I can sneak under the radar with a tiny
observation, however.

removed

Backyard Renegade

(Gould 0738) wrote in message ...
I spent much of yesterday learning about Grand Banks Eastbay express cruisers.

There are several configurations, all with different appendages to the model
name.
The one most likely to sell well in the Pacific Northwest with be the SX (sedan
express) model featuring a bulkhead between the cockpit and the salon.

The boat performed well on a trial run.

Due to a number of people expressing a profound unhappiness with my posting
opinions and observations about various boats in the NG, I'll not stir up the
hornets again with a full description of the boat and its handling
characteristics or amenities. Perhaps I can sneak under the radar with a tiny
observation, however.

I was wrong the time I got on you after a boat review. I think that is
what most folks come here for. I suppose if it were about a boat I
would be in I might show more interest. Either way, I think most here
would welcome a "full" account of your trip, ugh, like you used to
do...
Scott Ingersoll

[...]

Jack Redington

Gould 0738 wrote:

snip

Due to a number of people expressing a profound unhappiness with my posting
opinions and observations about various boats in the NG,

snip

I enjoy your boating observations Chuck, I would ignor those who oppose
or find fault with your boat reviews etc. I am little surprised that
they bother you. The GB and other trawler styles are somthing that I
would like to consider someday for crusing with the wife. It will most
likely stay just a dream, but hay thats ok.

To bad we don't get to see them here at the Atlanta boat show.

Capt Jack R.

K Smith

Jack Redington wrote:
Gould 0738 wrote:

snip

Due to a number of people expressing a profound unhappiness with my
posting
opinions and observations about various boats in the NG,

snip

I enjoy your boating observations Chuck, I would ignor those who oppose
or find fault with your boat reviews etc. I am little surprised that
they bother you. The GB and other trawler styles are somthing that I
would like to consider someday for crusing with the wife. It will most
likely stay just a dream, but hay thats ok.

To bad we don't get to see them here at the Atlanta boat show.

Capt Jack R.

Candidly I'm a tad surprised also. I assume you won't make it a
straight out ad & certainly like everything else here it's up for
review, or is that the real issue??? you don't want it openly reviewed??

Assuming you don't mind an open free discussion why not post the
article?? At least it's on topic as several other posters have noted.

As for the screws being in a straight line?? Hmmm it "might" indicate
good workmanship throughout or a propensity to market to the easily
impressed at every opportunity.

GBs are lovely looking boats so I hope the new issues are also but
there have been some quality issues over the years here as I suspect
there has been in the US?? Maybe your article can reassure us on this???

I'll even leave Harry's lies out of the sig if it helps you gather up
some dutch courage:-)

Harry Krause

Gould 0738 wrote:

I spent much of yesterday learning about Grand Banks Eastbay express cruisers.

There are several configurations, all with different appendages to the model
name.
The one most likely to sell well in the Pacific Northwest with be the SX (sedan
express) model featuring a bulkhead between the cockpit and the salon.

The boat performed well on a trial run.

Due to a number of people expressing a profound unhappiness with my posting
opinions and observations about various boats in the NG, I'll not stir up the
hornets again with a full description of the boat and its handling
characteristics or amenities. Perhaps I can sneak under the radar with a tiny
observation, however.

Why would you pay the slightest attention to those whiners? Go ahead and
post. Besides, this is one of my favorite boats.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Don White

If this upsets wingnuts like Karen...I say post them all day long.
Wonder how our Outback Ozzie would like it if you simply added each new
review on top of a long list of previous reviews...such as she does aka
her
obsession with Harry.

Gould 0738 wrote in message
snip...
Due to a number of people expressing a profound unhappiness with my posting
opinions and observations about various boats in the NG, I'll not stir up

the
hornets again with a full description of the boat and its handling
characteristics or amenities. Perhaps I can sneak under the radar with a

tiny
observation, however.
snip...

Harry Krause

Don White wrote:

If this upsets wingnuts like Karen...I say post them all day long.
Wonder how our Outback Ozzie would like it if you simply added each new
review on top of a long list of previous reviews...such as she does aka
her
obsession with Harry.

Gould 0738 wrote in message
snip...
Due to a number of people expressing a profound unhappiness with my posting
opinions and observations about various boats in the NG, I'll not stir up

the
hornets again with a full description of the boat and its handling
characteristics or amenities. Perhaps I can sneak under the radar with a

tiny
observation, however.
snip...

You think she/it is obsessed with me? I have to admit, when I get into
the shower each morning, I do look around first for an ugly, overweight
and old Australian broad/guy wielding a cheap, rusty knife...

--
Email sent to is never read.