Short Wave Sportfishing

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:14:40 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

I've found that travel abroad has given me an appreciation for other
peoples and their cultures, and more insight into the realities of the
world. These realities often are very different from what our government
wants us to believe. As an example, it wasn't until I was working in
Vietnam that I fully realized what a colossal fraud our government was
perpetrating on us.

But you learn a lot of good, too. I spent some time in Egypt with
villagers who had nothing, and who were learning to build their own
small homes, start their own small businesses, and improve their
community's sanitary coditions. All these people wanted was a slightly
better life for themselves and their children. I found similar
aspirations among the folks I met in El Salvador and Bangladesh.

That's fine - you done well if that's what you've done. And I've been
to South/Central America, but always to a fishing camp with other
North Americans. I've been to my friend's fishing camp in Costa Rica
and have never been anywhere near the rain forest. Just trees - I own
a hundred acres of trees - big deal.

I have no interest in how other people live. Usually their foods are
things I wouldn't use as bait. On the tours I've taken, half the time
the guides are stupid and as ill informed as to what we're going to
see as I am - half the time I know more than they do (that actually
happened in Ireland).

I'd much rather hang with the Navajos than with the nomads of the
Hindu Kush.

Speaking of which, I had the misfortune to make an extended business
trip to India back in my former life. Try that if you want to
experience some "culture".

Worst trip of my life.

Later,

Tom

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 17:40:23 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

That's the only part about visiting Europe, Asia, and/or the Middle East
that I would enjoy. Maybe once we take over the World, and either
assimilate or annihilate any of the dissenters, only then I will visit
Europe, Asia, or the Middle East.

And they will be assimilated - resistance is futile.

Later,

Tom
P.Fritz

wrote:

[...]

The rain forest is no big deal.......just lots of big trees....lots of big
bugs that bite, lots of big snakes, though the pink dolphins were kind of
cool. You are right about the food...you have to be very picky and make
sure it is cooked well done.

I have no interest in how other people live. Usually their foods are
things I wouldn't use as bait. On the tours I've taken, half the time
the guides are stupid and as ill informed as to what we're going to
see as I am - half the time I know more than they do (that actually
happened in Ireland).

True about most of the guides.....best one I had was former army and had
lived in the bush in Brazil......he left the script and the trails to others
and gave us a real tour

I'd much rather hang with the Navajos than with the nomads of the
Hindu Kush.

Speaking of which, I had the misfortune to make an extended business
trip to India back in my former life. Try that if you want to
experience some "culture".

Worst trip of my life.

Later,

Tom

JimH

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"JimH" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Don White" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
I know some neighborhoods right here in the USA where his kind of talk
would get him a punch in the nose, or worse. He's the very kind of
mindless, warmongering asshole that gets us in so much trouble around
the world.

The scary part is that he's a health professional. You might expect
his
babblings from the boys down at the Road House or the nearest biker
bar....but from someone in his position...??

grin I don't even need to use my best lures to catch the
unsophisticated bait on this newsgroup.

The problem is he is not a keeper. He falls way short of minimum in
both the IQ and personality departments

Didn't you mean 'they'????

Nope. Talking about NOYB snagging Don. ;-)

P.Fritz

"JimH" wrote in message

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"JimH" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Don White" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
I know some neighborhoods right here in the USA where his kind of
talk
would get him a punch in the nose, or worse. He's the very kind of
mindless, warmongering asshole that gets us in so much trouble around
the world.

The scary part is that he's a health professional. You might expect
his
babblings from the boys down at the Road House or the nearest biker
bar....but from someone in his position...??

grin I don't even need to use my best lures to catch the
unsophisticated bait on this newsgroup.

The problem is he is not a keeper. He falls way short of minimum in
both the IQ and personality departments

Didn't you mean 'they'????

Nope. Talking about NOYB snagging Don. ;-)

It applies equally well to harry........ :-)

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:52:09 -0500, "P.Fritz"

news
On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 17:40:23 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

That's the only part about visiting Europe, Asia, and/or the Middle East
that I would enjoy. Maybe once we take over the World, and either
assimilate or annihilate any of the dissenters, only then I will visit
Europe, Asia, or the Middle East.

And they will be assimilated - resistance is futile.

Its already in the process.......Micky D's across the piazza from the
Pantheon in Rome as well as a Disney Store not far from the Spanis Steps,
KFC was within walking distance of the Sphinx in Cairo. Jonny Rockets in the
Temple Bar area of Dublin, There were 5 Mickey D's in Salzburg alone....then
there is Coca Cola :-)

I am here to tell you, in front of God and Harry, that the Johnny
Rockets saved my life in Dublin. :)

I couldn't eat the food in Ireland - it was either over cooked or
under cooked and usually greasy as hell - I don't think they ever
heard of vegetables other than starches.

That was another trip in which I was forced to go because of my wife's
first generation connection to Ireland.

They can have the place.

Although, to tell the truth, one day when she was taking a tour of
some kind of ancient convent or something, I spied a fellow across the
road working his Border Collies on a herd of sheep. I wandered over
there and had a great conversation about dogs and herding techniques.

Now that was fun.

Everything else sucked. :)

Later,

Tom
NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:1102530596.262521413064f425607ab924033a4773@t eranews...
NOYB wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

You are a xenophobic asshole.

In case you haven't noticed, you're about the biggest prick on this
newsgroup...but I have thus far refrained from name-calling, because it
is usually the final tactic employed by the loser of an argument.

You suffer from xenophobia and an overinflated view of the moral
superiority of the United States.

That's a little bit different from calling someone an asshole. But, yes,
I'm a xenophobe, *and* yes, I have a view of the US's moral
superiority...although I don't believe it's "overinflated". What sets us
apart from almost every other country in the rest of the World (save for a
half dozen or so other countries), is that we play by the rules as long as
everybody else is playing by the same rules. Once our enemy (or
competition) unlevels the playing field, we reserve the right to do the
same, but in our favor.

NOYB

"JimH" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Don White" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
I know some neighborhoods right here in the USA where his kind of talk
would get him a punch in the nose, or worse. He's the very kind of
mindless, warmongering asshole that gets us in so much trouble around
the world.

The scary part is that he's a health professional. You might expect
his
babblings from the boys down at the Road House or the nearest biker
bar....but from someone in his position...??

grin I don't even need to use my best lures to catch the
unsophisticated bait on this newsgroup.

The problem is he is not a keeper. He falls way short of minimum in both
the IQ and personality departments

I often throw back keepers in order to fight them another day when they get
a little bigger and brighter.

NOYB

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Don White" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
I know some neighborhoods right here in the USA where his kind of talk
would get him a punch in the nose, or worse. He's the very kind of
mindless, warmongering asshole that gets us in so much trouble around
the world.

The scary part is that he's a health professional. You might expect
his
babblings from the boys down at the Road House or the nearest biker
bar....but from someone in his position...??

grin I don't even need to use my best lures to catch the
unsophisticated bait on this newsgroup.

Hell with some of them.......asslicker comes to mind.....you don't even
need the bait....just the hook in the water will work :-)

He's like a carp sucking down doughballs.

P.Fritz

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:52:09 -0500, "P.Fritz"
wrote:

"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in
message
news
[...]

Lamb is greasy wherever you have it. Didn't see anything but 'root'
vegetables. But I thought the seafood was good (at least in the southwest
along the coast)

That was another trip in which I was forced to go because of my wife's
first generation connection to Ireland.

They can have the place.

Although, to tell the truth, one day when she was taking a tour of
some kind of ancient convent or something, I spied a fellow across the
road working his Border Collies on a herd of sheep. I wandered over
there and had a great conversation about dogs and herding techniques.

Now that was fun.

Everything else sucked. :)

The driving is the worst.......someone ought to tell them and the brits that
the rest of the world knows what side of the road to drive on.

Later,

Tom