Jim

Default ( OT ) If we had not gone to War, Few Americans would even have Noticed

This is Bush's Vietnam - the Wrong War, at the Wrong Time, in the Wrong
Place
There was no Popular Clamor for War. If we had not gone to War, Few
Americans would even have Noticed

by Arthur Schlesinger

This has been a rough time for Americans. Just a year ago, Americans and
Iraqis triumphantly pulled down the statue of Saddam Hussein in Baghdad. A
year later, a spreading anti-American insurgency ripped across Iraq,
accompanied by Iraqi mobs mutilating dead Americans and shouting hatred of
the occupiers. An American year of miscalculations and misjudgments seems to
have led Iraq into a chaos bordering on anarchy.

Continued