thomas

Default Site about designing a new houseboat

Hello,

I put online a site about the design of a new houseboat in Belgium :
www.el-fishstick.com

We work on it for more than one year ... and it is not yet finished
I am waiting for your reactions ...
We intend to cruise all along French rivers, maybe next summer ...

Thomas Debacker
Terry Spragg

thomas wrote:

Hello,

I put online a site about the design of a new houseboat in Belgium :
www.el-fishstick.com

We work on it for more than one year ... and it is not yet finished
I am waiting for your reactions ...
We intend to cruise all along French rivers, maybe next summer ...

Thomas Debacker

I hope you don't mean you worked on the web site for a year instead
of working on what looks like a nice narrow boat!

It would be nice, if your software vendor hadn't conscripted you in
the campaign to force everybody to buy new "forward compatible"
software every 2 years.

Your site won't display properly in netscape 7.1.

You have been duped by Gates, who seems to lack respect for legacy
users, the little guys who made him what he is, considers us all
cash cows with the cream nipple caught in his money mangle.

Like that guy who got caught in a mountain rock slip, I'll cut off
my processor before I will upgrade again. My next machine will have
factory Linux installed first. It's free and it works and it doesn't
try to obsolete every old version of itself.

A quality item used to be considered a quality item because it was
durable. Bill Gates' software is not.

Most so called 'net viruses' use windoze security holes, and even a
one line message in MS Word is 50 bytes of spyware and hyper
characters. Screw that.

Terry K

Chris Newport

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 2:48 pm in rec.boats Terry Spragg wrote:

thomas wrote:

Hello,

I put online a site about the design of a new houseboat in Belgium :
www.el-fishstick.com

We work on it for more than one year ... and it is not yet finished
I am waiting for your reactions ...
We intend to cruise all along French rivers, maybe next summer ...

Thomas Debacker

I hope you don't mean you worked on the web site for a year instead
of working on what looks like a nice narrow boat!

It is most certainly not a narrow boat.
Looks more like a peniche to me.

--
My real address is crn (at) netunix (dot) com
WARNING all messages containing attachments or html will be silently

____m___~¿Ô___m____

Terry Spragg wrote:

thomas wrote:

[...]

Nice canal style boat, I usually picture them in my mind as being made of
wood though. But this is a very nice boat Thomas. Thanks for sharing.

Terry K,
Why don't you spend less than $5.00 and buy a copy of Knoppix that runs from
the CD and doesn't install anything on your hard drive to check out what it
looks like? Keep in mind Knoppix runs slower because it is running from a
slow turning CD drive and decompressing the software you want to run on the
fly.
While there, spend another $.75 and get Mandrake 8.2. An older version that
will run with 64 mb of RAM. You can install it on part of the UNUSED
portion of your Window's drive. Then you can dual boot to either Windows or
Linix. For less than $6.00 you might as well take Linux for a "test drive".

http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart

My "opinion" is that Mandrake is the easiest disto. to install on your hard
drive.

By the way, I didn't have any problem viewing the original posters web site
w/Linux.

For everyone else, sorry for the Linux rant.
--
_______m___õ¿~___m_________________________

JohnH

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 00:41:44 GMT, ____m___~¿Ô___m____
wrote:

Terry Spragg wrote:

thomas wrote:

[...]

I had no problems with Internet Explorer and downloaded nothing. Can't
figure out what all the fuss is about.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

____m___~¿Ô___m____

JohnH wrote:

For everyone else, sorry for the Linux rant.

I had no problems with Internet Explorer and downloaded nothing. Can't
figure out what all the fuss is about.

John H

Well just keep your virus software up to date and maybe you can keep from
having any problems. Perhaps you should consider downloading some of the
Explorer updates if you've dowmloaded nothing.

But it's your choice. Who gives a damn.
--
_______m___õ¿~___m_________________________

JohnH

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 01:52:18 GMT, ____m___~¿Ô___m____
wrote:

JohnH wrote:

For everyone else, sorry for the Linux rant.

I had no problems with Internet Explorer and downloaded nothing. Can't
figure out what all the fuss is about.

John H

Well just keep your virus software up to date and maybe you can keep from
having any problems. Perhaps you should consider downloading some of the
Explorer updates if you've dowmloaded nothing.

But it's your choice. Who gives a damn.

Yeah, I signed up for the automatic McAfee updates. They just charge
the card every year and tell me how safe I am. Knock on wood, 'cause
I've never had a virus. That's one reason I quit putting my email on
this site.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
K. Smith

thomas wrote:
Hello,

I put online a site about the design of a new houseboat in Belgium :
www.el-fishstick.com

We work on it for more than one year ... and it is not yet finished
I am waiting for your reactions ...
We intend to cruise all along French rivers, maybe next summer ...

Thomas Debacker

Wow that's a big houseboat!!! thanks Thomas!! Originally a coal barge
or some such??? Great idea to recycle it!!!

If you can please post some more details about the propulsion & that
shrouded prop?? maybe with a compound rudder??? is that able to deploy &
act as a side thruster???

Anyway very interesting & thanks again.

Oops nearly forgot:-) displays OK on mozilla/fedora core2, save a brief
flirtation with win 95 I haven't used windows since windows 3.1. Also I
can make my hardware work properly instead of needing new machines every
10 minutes:-) Oh well to each their own:-)

thomas

Terry Spragg wrote in message ...

Your site won't display properly in netscape 7.1.

It works properly with Netscape 7.1. but I put online a new version
without frames, it must be the problem ...

Thanks, Bye

Thomas
thomas

"K. Smith" wrote in message ...

Wow that's a big houseboat!!! thanks Thomas!! Originally a coal barge
or some such??? Great idea to recycle it!!!

It was made in 1928, 40metersX5 large, it used to transport anything
on the belgian and french rivers

If you can please post some more details about the propulsion & that
shrouded prop?? maybe with a compound rudder??? is that able to deploy &
act as a side thruster???

It is a GM 160 hp; 6 cyl online. I have only one prop, no side
thruster (I'd like to put one but maybe later)