____m___~¿Ô___m____

Terry Spragg wrote:

thomas wrote:

Hello,

I put online a site about the design of a new houseboat in Belgium :
www.el-fishstick.com

We work on it for more than one year ... and it is not yet finished
I am waiting for your reactions ...
We intend to cruise all along French rivers, maybe next summer ...

Thomas Debacker

I hope you don't mean you worked on the web site for a year instead
of working on what looks like a nice narrow boat!

It would be nice, if your software vendor hadn't conscripted you in
the campaign to force everybody to buy new "forward compatible"
software every 2 years.

Your site won't display properly in netscape 7.1.

You have been duped by Gates, who seems to lack respect for legacy
users, the little guys who made him what he is, considers us all
cash cows with the cream nipple caught in his money mangle.

Like that guy who got caught in a mountain rock slip, I'll cut off
my processor before I will upgrade again. My next machine will have
factory Linux installed first. It's free and it works and it doesn't
try to obsolete every old version of itself.

A quality item used to be considered a quality item because it was
durable. Bill Gates' software is not.

Most so called 'net viruses' use windoze security holes, and even a
one line message in MS Word is 50 bytes of spyware and hyper
characters. Screw that.

Terry K

Nice canal style boat, I usually picture them in my mind as being made of
wood though. But this is a very nice boat Thomas. Thanks for sharing.

Terry K,
Why don't you spend less than $5.00 and buy a copy of Knoppix that runs from
the CD and doesn't install anything on your hard drive to check out what it
looks like? Keep in mind Knoppix runs slower because it is running from a
slow turning CD drive and decompressing the software you want to run on the
fly.
While there, spend another $.75 and get Mandrake 8.2. An older version that
will run with 64 mb of RAM. You can install it on part of the UNUSED
portion of your Window's drive. Then you can dual boot to either Windows or
Linix. For less than $6.00 you might as well take Linux for a "test drive".

http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart

My "opinion" is that Mandrake is the easiest disto. to install on your hard
drive.

By the way, I didn't have any problem viewing the original posters web site
w/Linux.

For everyone else, sorry for the Linux rant.
--