JohnC

Default bimini pole clips - clip.jpg (0/1)

I'm looking for very simple clips to hold 7/8 dia bimini poles and I'm
having the toughest time finding them.
Has anyone ever seen clips like these? They are meant to hold 2 7/8"
poles together. Local marine stores don't have them. Searches on the
net can't seem to find them...about as basic as you get too.

Thanks,
John C.
Joe Blizzard

"JohnC" wrote
http://home.comcast.net/~jcchaplain/clip.jpg

What are they for? I'm trying to imagine a situation where I'd want to hold
two pieces of tubing in parallel and coming up blank. (Admittedly, I'm not
all that bright.)

JohnC

What are they for? I'm trying to imagine a situation where I'd want to hold
two pieces of tubing in parallel and coming up blank. (Admittedly, I'm not
all that bright.)

When the bimini is removed from the boat ( I always remove it when
trailering,) the 7/8" diam support poles swing freely and can be
snapped on to the main support poles to secure them.
You would have to see it to see exactly, but it's just a matter of
clipping two 7/8" poles together for easy transportation.
I could use bungees or something, but these pole clips have been very
convenient ( but easy to lose.)
John C.
Charley

I had a similar problem and ended up using the velcro tie strips that are
available from Home Depot, Lowes, and probably many other hardware suppliers
to secure coiled power cords, etc.

Just a suggestion in case you don't find those clips.

Charley

"JohnC" wrote in message
I'm looking for very simple clips to hold 7/8 dia bimini poles and I'm
having the toughest time finding them.
Has anyone ever seen clips like these? They are meant to hold 2 7/8"
poles together. Local marine stores don't have them. Searches on the
net can't seem to find them...about as basic as you get too.

Thanks,
John C.

How much to pay for a custom made Bimini Top ?? Gary Warner General 16 November 11th 04 01:39 AM
made a cheap bimini top for '16 Doug Dotson Cruising 4 July 30th 04 02:09 AM
Bimini hardware help Franko General 4 February 21st 04 12:37 AM
85hp Force/ 20 pole alternator? Randy General 3 November 13th 03 09:36 PM
bimini top selection - help! martha lynn General 5 September 27th 03 03:17 AM