Randy

Default 85hp Force/ 20 pole alternator?

Hi,
I am in the process of ordering a tachometer for my boat but I have to
know if my 1988 85hp force motor has a 20 pole alternator. Could someone
help shed some light on this for me and let me know if it is a 20 pole
alternator or what do I look for on the alt to be able to tell the
difference?

Thank You,
Randy

Randy

Default TTT

Hopefully someone will read this over all of the OT and be able to help
me out :-)

Paul Garcia

My suggestion is to find a list that discusses boats.

"Randy" wrote in message
Hopefully someone will read this over all of the OT and be able to help
me out :-)

Jim Irvine

I briefly had a 89 Force years ago and as I recall the engine had a stator
rather than an alternator. This may not be much help, but it may at least
get you pointed in the right direction.