BoatBanter.com

-   -   85hp Force/ 20 pole alternator? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/2000-85hp-force-20-pole-alternator.html)

Randy November 12th 03 07:51 PM

85hp Force/ 20 pole alternator?

Hi,
I am in the process of ordering a tachometer for my boat but I have to
know if my 1988 85hp force motor has a 20 pole alternator. Could someone
help shed some light on this for me and let me know if it is a 20 pole
alternator or what do I look for on the alt to be able to tell the
difference?

Thank You,
Randy

Randy November 13th 03 12:09 PM

TTT

Hopefully someone will read this over all of the OT and be able to help
me out :-)

Paul Garcia November 13th 03 12:29 PM

TTT

My suggestion is to find a list that discusses boats.

Jim Irvine November 13th 03 09:36 PM

85hp Force/ 20 pole alternator?

I briefly had a 89 Force years ago and as I recall the engine had a stator
rather than an alternator. This may not be much help, but it may at least
get you pointed in the right direction.