Jim and Becky

Default Anyone "Northeast" still boating?

So, what river are you talkin' about?

"noah" wrote in message
news
It's just the jon boat, but there's a few days left of the waterfowl

season up
here.

There's still something magic about throttling up in the icy dark, even if

it's
only 15 hp. For the jon boat, that's more than enough.

I've been in boats on streams, lakes, rivers, and oceans, and it's

basically all
the same to me. Whether I'm hunting, fishing, paddling, or riding, there

is an
elemental connection between me, the boat, and the water. I can't truly
describe it, it is beyond me, it is a connection that is buried in my

soul, my
core, and my blood.

I haven't been blessed with a "seafaring" history (perhaps in a previous

life),
so I don't really understand my obsession with boats, but it is there, and

it is
real. It's much more than recreation, far more than a hobby. It is

something I
must do.

So I will take my little jon boat down to the river. In the icy dark I

will
bitch about the cold, crunch through the ice, push through the mud, and

when I
start the engine, I will smile! It is me, and my boat, and the water, and

all
else, right now, is less important.
Regards,
noah

To email me, remove the "OT-" from OT-wrecked.boats.noah.
...as you were. )

Steven Shelikoff

I'm up in Philly and I haven't winterized yet so I'm ready. Every once
in a while we get a day nice for boating. It just hasn't happened on a
weekend yet. I'm about to give it up soon, call it a season, and
winterize.

Steve
Capt Lou

The duck hunters in jon boats woke me up this morning, shooting ducks off
Boston harbor islands. Of course the commercial fishing guys and the lobstermen
are out there year round too. My boat is winterized, but in the water. I hear
some guys at my club are going to the city by boat for First Night. The only
boating I am planning on doing this winter is moving my boat to the other side
of the marina when the barge comes in to dredge. Other than that, it is wait
until Spring.

"Listen to the live broadcast of 'Nautical Talk Radio' with Captain Lou every
Sunday afternoon from 4 - 5 (Eastern Standard Time) on the web at
www.959watd.com or if you are in Boston or Cape Cod set your radio dial to
95.9FM.
Harry Krause

Capt Lou wrote:
The duck hunters in jon boats woke me up this morning, shooting ducks off
Boston harbor islands. Of course the commercial fishing guys and the lobstermen
are out there year round too.

Just this minute a nice gaggle of geese flew over the house and landed
in our field. There's a sack'o'corn I tossed out this morning waiting
for them. Edges of the fields around here are posted with variations of
our infamous "NO Hunting. Period. This Means You." signs. We have
several kinds of NO Hunting signs posted, as do our neighbors.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Wayne.B

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 09:06:11 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:
Just this minute a nice gaggle of geese flew over the house and landed
in our field. There's a sack'o'corn I tossed out this morning waiting
for them.

If you feed them enough, they will "adopt" you year round, and you'll
never need to fertilize your lawn again.

Harry Krause

wrote:
Just this minute a nice gaggle of geese flew over the house and landed
in our field. There's a sack'o'corn I tossed out this morning waiting
for them.

If you feed them enough, they will "adopt" you year round, and you'll
never need to fertilize your lawn again.

Well, I wouldn't mind a few, but there are better attactions for the
geese around here. We used to feed about 100 ducks down in St. Augustine.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Lloyd Sumpter

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 22:14:12 +0000, noah wrote:

It's just the jon boat, but there's a few days left of the waterfowl season up
here.

There's still something magic about throttling up in the icy dark, even if
it's only 15 hp. For the jon boat, that's more than enough.

I've been in boats on streams, lakes, rivers, and oceans, and it's basically
all the same to me. Whether I'm hunting, fishing, paddling, or riding, there
is an elemental connection between me, the boat, and the water. I can't truly
describe it, it is beyond me, it is a connection that is buried in my soul, my
core, and my blood.

Ya Got That Right!

You have said so elequently what is in my soul as well. Doesn't matter if it's
the 12ft tinny skimming over the Fraser, Far Cove on a Screaming Reach, Valkyrie
rumbling along on plane, or Vinyl Valerie getting pulled around the lake by a
4lb rainbow, it's all boating, and if I'm in a boat, I'm happy!

I was raised near Harrison Hot Springs, and we had a slough on the farm. When my
sister and I were about 8, our dad made a "punt" (I think you'd call it a
jonboat) out of a sheet of plywood and some 1x12s and we happily splashed around
the slough for years. Been "boating" since then.

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

Eisboch

wrote:
Just this minute a nice gaggle of geese flew over the house and landed
in our field. There's a sack'o'corn I tossed out this morning waiting
for them.

If you feed them enough, they will "adopt" you year round, and you'll
never need to fertilize your lawn again.

Duck sh-t makes for lousy fertilizer. But they don't deserve to die either.

Eisboch

Wayne.B

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 08:46:53 -0800, "Lloyd Sumpter"
wrote:

it's all boating, and if I'm in a boat, I'm happy!

=====================================

Yes, very true.

I suspect that's the one thing we all have in common here.

Eric H

I'm guessing Lloyd is from Billy Clinton territory. We've spent a lot of
time around Bull Shoals and Norfork. Nice country. We still own a place in
Briarcliff; no house, just a piece of land full of trees, rocks,
Copperheads, Tarantulas, scorpions, black bears, skunks, etc. Still, a nice
place to live.

Boating info at the Auto Show Gould 0738 General 0 November 8th 03 07:02 AM
Man held on $1 million bond in boating crash that killed 3 Renegade General 10 September 26th 03 03:28 PM
To Anyone & Everyone New To Boating Capt. Frank Hopkins General 8 August 23rd 03 12:28 AM
Boating Classes NRUSPS General 0 August 8th 03 06:27 PM
Summer Basic Boating Classes in New York City JRTAUBER General 0 July 16th 03 07:04 PM