Default What to do (!?) Talk boats!

Gee, it's over.... I guess we'll have to ditch all of the "OT" posts and
actually talk about (gasp!) BOATS!!!!

I'm going to put mine to sleep this weekend. Change the oil, fog the
cylinders, drain the manifolds, change the filters and give the
ol' OMC a gear oil change (one of those darned 1982 models with about 4
drain holes in it.... yuk).

It'll be ready for runnin' next April.

This boating year was a good one. Many trips to Folsom Lake, Lake Clementine,
and the California Delta, cruising the sloughs.

Looking forward to spring!

b.

Calif Bill

Why are you putting it away. Was out Monday at Sherman Lake and Chain
island. Beautiful weather. Crab season opens Saturday, so getting the pots
ready. Stripers are in the Delta now.
Bill

Calif Bill wrote:
: Why are you putting it away. Was out Monday at Sherman Lake and Chain
: island. Beautiful weather. Crab season opens Saturday, so getting the pots
: ready. Stripers are in the Delta now.
: Bill

Because it's 17 Ft, low profile and the weather's raining today. Also
60 degree tops on the temp. outdoors. Gets a bit cold when ya get the
spray on ya. I did get a good trip in to the delta the second week in
Oct. though. Made the loop on the N. and S. San Joaquin rivers as well as
Georgiana Slough and some others.

Just too damed cold for little puddle jumper/ski boat.

b.

Don White

"Eisboch" wrote in message

Mine was scheduled to be hauled last Monday. By begging and sobbing on
my hands and knees, the marina owner has allowed me to stay in the water
until Nov 16.

Eisboch

Yesterday, I was checking out a local military sailing club I belonged to
back in '84/'85. I wanted to see what their ramp was like. Only one
solitary sailboat was still out at it's mooring. All the rest were snug in
their cradles.

W6JCW Bob

Holy cow, I live in Sacramento, keep my boat at OxBow Marina in Isleton,
and I'm going boating this weekend. It appears you also live in the
area, how come you're putting your boat away??. We boat all year..it's
one of the reasons we live here rather than the east coast.

Bob

wrote in
:

Gee, it's over.... I guess we'll have to ditch all of the "OT" posts
and actually talk about (gasp!) BOATS!!!!

I'm going to put mine to sleep this weekend. Change the oil, fog the
cylinders, drain the manifolds, change the filters and give the
ol' OMC a gear oil change (one of those darned 1982 models with about
4 drain holes in it.... yuk).

It'll be ready for runnin' next April.

This boating year was a good one. Many trips to Folsom Lake, Lake
Clementine, and the California Delta, cruising the sloughs.

Looking forward to spring!

b.

Ryan_Bonner

Fabby
Dave Hall

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 21:17:02 GMT, wrote:

Gee, it's over.... I guess we'll have to ditch all of the "OT" posts and
actually talk about (gasp!) BOATS!!!!

I'm going to put mine to sleep this weekend. Change the oil, fog the
cylinders, drain the manifolds, change the filters and give the
ol' OMC a gear oil change (one of those darned 1982 models with about 4
drain holes in it.... yuk).

It'll be ready for runnin' next April.

This boating year was a good one. Many trips to Folsom Lake, Lake Clementine,
and the California Delta, cruising the sloughs.

Looking forward to spring!

I'm planning on winterizing mine this weekend. I'll probably sell it
next spring, as I'm looking for something a little more family and
water sports friendly.

Dave

W6JCW Bob wrote:
: Holy cow, I live in Sacramento, keep my boat at OxBow Marina in Isleton,
: and I'm going boating this weekend. It appears you also live in the
: area, how come you're putting your boat away??. We boat all year..it's
: one of the reasons we live here rather than the east coast.

: Bob

You have a big covered boat. I don't.